Rumblings from CADETLAND

Every time I watch it I see more of the side by side compare and contrast. My favorite is in the ballad, when the trumpets are in a block and pull the curvy hornline through the "curtain" where it straightens out on the other side. This while the colorguard is bending straight poles. Brilliant drill, music and colorguard integration.

I'm just echoing the last 3 comments in that - the more I watch it (and the more it develops) the more I love the show

At first it struck me as "solid" with great drums

Then I saw it live and I was much more impressed with the brass, the visual design, the power of the musical arrangements

Then seeing the VODs and all the enhancements and changes I've gone from really liking the show to feeling like it is the 'one to beat' and putting it beside 1998 as one of my favorite Cadet programs of all

REALLY looking forward (geeking is a better word) to seeing the changes they've put in the past 3 days - I guess we'll see those on the net tomorrow night. Supposedly some big changes to the guard book, restaging the props at the opening of the show, the ballad and the end of the show to make them more effective and easier to move - plus the corps has been churning some SERIOUS rehearsal hours to clean the show and add these changes

Hopefully the show continues to grow and grow until finals night - it has the potential to be something very special :worthy:

Cadets on the track

This is what The Cadets sounded like from the track at the (appropriately named) Mississippi Sound Spectacular on…

EPIC :music:

• Like 2

tumblr_inline_mhazftqNAi1qz4rgp.gif

edit: very good, very loud noises..

I'm just echoing the last 3 comments in that - the more I watch it (and the more it develops) the more I love the show

At first it struck me as "solid" with great drums

Then I saw it live and I was much more impressed with the brass, the visual design, the power of the musical arrangements

Then seeing the VODs and all the enhancements and changes I've gone from really liking the show to feeling like it is the 'one to beat' and putting it beside 1998 as one of my favorite Cadet programs of all

REALLY looking forward (geeking is a better word) to seeing the changes they've put in the past 3 days - I guess we'll see those on the net tomorrow night. Supposedly some big changes to the guard book, restaging the props at the opening of the show, the ballad and the end of the show to make them more effective and easier to move - plus the corps has been churning some SERIOUS rehearsal hours to clean the show and add these changes

Hopefully the show continues to grow and grow until finals night - it has the potential to be something very special :worthy:/>

Agreed. My enjoyment and perspective of this show has changed dramatically since June.

Cadets have sort of taken a page out of the Phantom Regiment playbook -- the arrangement and LOUD performance by the brass and battery basically beat this show into you. Every moment is purposeful and takes itself seriously, very confident. Then there's those towers -- say what you will about them, but they are quite tall and very brightly colored (at this point), and seem to loom. The guard is larger than normal, so unison flag work adds a lot of color across the field. The show is getting better with recent changes, based on what I've seen/heard -- which isn't totally up to date at this point. I'm getting high hopes now for a show that I felt only about 70-75% behind at first.

someone really needs to post some rehearsal video of the changes made the past 48 hours or I might just cry :devil:/>

I'm going to see them on Monday in Durham, if that rehearsal site sticks.