Fan Network 2013

Usually takes a couple of days. The staff is different this year so some of the details might be different, but in the past few yeras, the live-streamed shows have stayed up in the DVR one-huge-blob format for a few days, and then the convert it down to individual per-corps chunks after that period is over. On-demand-only shows typically the wait is at least a day, and usually two (it has been longer, depending on whether there were any issues with the video or sound that the staff want to fix before posting). The Akron show won't be going on the on-demand till after the cinecast tonight I would assume.

So, yeah, it can be frustrating to wait for the on-demand stuff. But the real magic (IMO) is in watching the live streams while posting on DCP. You kinda need multiple computers to make it work well, but that's the best way to experience it. It's like watching it live with your friends, but you get to make all the snarky comments you want without disturbing anyone. :w00t:/>

Still, the on-demand is a great resource for watching shows evolve over the season. I remember Crown's 2009 show doing nothing for me at the start of the season, but as I watched each weekend live stream they kept making more tweaks until it just clicked in and blew me away, just in time for me to actually get to see it live in Salem, VA and enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm not positive about this year, but they've been gradually growing the number of live-streamed events they do each season. They are often tightly restricted in what they can do by the facilities available at the venues, which are more often than not old high school stadiums with no A/C in the pressbox (necessary for the stream-encoding PCs, which get HOT), or even at places like Mile High Stadium (or whatever it's called) they are limited to what equipment they can mount and where, etc, etc. But they're getting better every year, IMO. And this year looks like there'll be a lot more multi-cam live shows, so that'll be a good addition.

Awesome. It's a really good deal. I love being able to watch old shows I've never seen in the meantime.

No to go too OT but since they run through the same base and I know dca feeds off the dci fan network, why not have a combo deal? Might be good for dca to try to package it like that to make some new fans?

They appear to have just added the Akron show to "On Demand" but it says I don't have access. I can watch everything else (I do have the Blu ray package). Has anyone else tried?

They appear to have just added the Akron show to "On Demand" but it says I don't have access. I can watch everything else (I do have the Blu ray package). Has anyone else tried?

Same problem here. I'm guessing it's on a time delay to coincide with when all the DCI @ the Cinema shows end.

Same problem here. I'm guessing it's on a time delay to coincide with when all the DCI @ the Cinema shows end.

That's exactly what it is. I am sure you will be able to see the show tomorrow.

That's exactly what it is. I am sure you will be able to see the show tomorrow.

Yep, same here too. I am sure their support email box will be full by morning, if everyone sent email like I did to let them know.

So, based on consensus the Fan Network is a nay for this year? I was thinking about it since I won't be able to go to any shows this year due to new house/new job/baby due around the time it rolls near Charlotte. I think I'll wait for them to get it together.

I would say Fan Network is definitely a "yea" if you have the money. I've been a Fan Network subscriber since the beginning, back before they were live streaming any video and the site was audio streaming only. This year, unfortunately, there was a cutback in my job and we couldn't afford FN so this is the first year I don't have it. It's KILLING me! I hate watching sub-par videos on youtube instead of FN (I'm thankful, don't get be wrong, but it just feels so...dirty :tongue: ). I already miss the weekly little parties we typically have on Saturdays when we stream the show. If I had the extra money I would definitely be a customer again this year, and the ONLY reason I'm not is because of my job cutback. I live in Southern CA, and FN has been THE best thing DCI has done in awhile, and it has been great keeping up with the shows, watching the competition, etc. If they are having some technical difficulties this year, I'm sure they will be hammered out sooner than later. Once we get to July and every weekend is Regional weekend with all WC corps, FN is indispensable!!

• Like 2

I've read people on other threads saying they saw the Akron shows on the FN, but I'm still not able to access them. Is anyone else able to see them?

It still isn't letting me. It says that I don't have access to view the content even though I am logged on and have Live+DVD subscription.

I have the Basic "LIVE" subscription which gives me webcasts, historical corps videos. etc...but I can't access anything. I'm logged in, but It keeps saying I don't have access...Another question...since this is my first year for the FN....even though I paid for the subscription, do I also have to pay for each webcast I view? And do I have to p[ay additional to watch a corps from a prior year as well? it sure looks that way... :-(