Your 2013 Season Plans

I think I'll do Twitter and little video clips. Maybe 20 shows this year.

Going to Warrensburg , Missouri July 11, its my birthday present to myself, well late birthday july 10 is my birthday. Taking my aunt who's never been to one but heard a dvd of the 2012 finals from the other room a couple of weeks ago, at the time i was watching Carolina Crown right before the rotating cube, i think the screaming fans caught her attention and she got up and came and just stood there open mouthed, i wish i woulda had the mind to take a pic with my camera, she couldn't believe the sound and what they were doing on the field, said she got goosebumps. she lives in kansas city and she's really looking forward to it. But the big news for me is I'm going to the world finals in Indianapolis for the first time, i bought three tickets one for myself, my dad, and my niece, who I got hooked on band and she marched mello like me in high school and now shes' hooked on dci she extremely excited.

06/22 ... Merrillville IN (you can easily see the small grandstand from I-65)

06/24 ... DCI Cinema, Chicago AMC River East

07/06 ... Michigan City IN (the DQ across the street is happily jammed all night)

07/14 ... DeKalb IL (the nearby Baker's Square sometimes has July pumpkin pie)

08/02 ... Allentown PA (fly into Philly, then head to diners and watch corps all weekend)

08/03 ... Allentown PA (head out to yard sales in the morning)

08/08 ... DCI Cinema

08/10 ... Indianapolis finals (after sitting in 100s for many years, trying the 600s)

Depending on mine or my wife's perspective (non DC fan). It's a family vacation with me see some drum corps shows or its a drum corps road trip with family coming along.music.gif

The plan, my wife has friends in Menlo Park (near Stanford). Stopping by Clovis Friday night on the way up from SoCal. All day at SF, then Stanford show. Next off to Sac Town for the train museum. The show at night. Monday head back home to Corona, Ca (next to Riverside)

Clovis, CA -June 21

Stanford. Ca June 22nd

Sacramento, Ca June 23rd

Walnut, CA -June 29

Riverside, CA -June 30

Edited by Jeffe77

Well, I have new plans: I was offered to cover a hole for the Blue Knights this summer. Looks like I'm marching my age out year my friends! :thumbup:

• Like 9

Will try to catch Crown's and Spirit's "preview" shows before they leave Spring Training.

Then:

Movie

Opelika, AL (probably)

Atlanta

Indy

Plus any Fan Network streaming.

kaseyW: +1. Have a great season!!!!

Edited by CrownBariDad

Well, I have new plans: I was offered to cover a hole for the Blue Knights this summer. Looks like I'm marching my age out year my friends! :thumbup:/>

Thats awesome. Have fun and kick butt !

Out on tour again this summer!! Can't wait!! Looking forward to getting to see as much Drum Corps action as possible. Fun to see the progression over the summer.

6/30 - Rochester, MN ... I'm not sure if moving this show from Woodbury (Twin Cities suburb ... more bands) to Rochester (Southeastern MN ... not a marching hotbed) will be beneficial, but we'll see. I know nothing about the venue or area surrounding it. Should be interesting.

7/01 - Mankato, MN ... One of the best drum corps venues. Very little space between the performers and the audience. If you want a face full of sound, take Monday, July 1 off and get your ### to Mankato.

07/13 - Minneapolis, MN ... Looking forward to another year at TCF Bank Stadium (barring tornadoes or Kuala Lumpur-like humidity).

08/09 - Indianapolis, IN ... Semi-finals. Never been, mainly because of the Mpls show, but it's been too long since I've seen the top groups at their peak.

08/10 - Indianapolis, IN ... Finals lots and partying.

• Like 1