Lexington Lolllapalooza

i' not going to predict numbers...

numbers will move around a bit early season until the corps settle down.

if Troopers make a big move this year, I expect it will be similar to the path Crossmen went on last year, taking the entire season to end up where they deserve to be.

the benefit of the early season is to get the feet wet and get used to performing

it doesn't really make any sense to argue over someone's predicted scores, especially since they surely haven't seen all the corps, but neither has anyone else.

Edited by soccerguy315

Troopers' score in their first show last year was 62.0, at a show where Bluecoats scored 70.2 and Blue Stars 66.6. Anyone here actually think, given the changes to the Troop staff, programming and the strength of their offseason, that the gap has widened? Anyone actually think the Troopers will come out of the gate behind where they started a year ago? Anyone here think that the program this year has the same kind of upside limits that last year's show had?

Sure, it could happen. Anyone can have a hot/cold show on any given night, and it is ridiculously early to be fretting over tenths of a point. And in this show, Troop probably will come in fifth place against four proven finalists

As they say: I'm just sayin'

Troopers should be at a 64 range...

• Like 1

If you can't make it to a show this year, you can have the scores sent directly to your phone. Just text 'DCISCORES' to the number 90210. I have no idea why DCI isn't promoting this this season.

I don't know either, but I'm guessing it's because:

1 - it's not a DCI service, it's a Crown service

2 - because of above, it's not 'official'

Totally agree with you--unless Troop's show completely dwarfs what comes right after them. That's the only way the positioning changes in these early shows, IMO. I've said something along these lines every year since 2007: unless we are a 600 lb. electric blue crazed gorilla on the field, we will not automatically be thrown into a new tier.

This tendency is an example what Bruckner8 calls "competitive inertia".

And thus, because Troopers finished 2.5 pts. behind Pacific Crest last year, and PC got 57.9 last night, it's not unreasaonble to supposed that, barring a great ape impersonation, Troop will score about 56 tomorrow.

I want to know what you are smoking.

How can the Crossmen get a lower opening score than last year when (1) they retained many of last year's corps, particularly in the drum line. (2) their show is better prepared than it was at this time last year?

I honestly can't tell you what Crossmen scored last year at their first show, and quite honestly, I don't think it matters what they did score last year at their first show. When the judges give a corps a score, they don't score it based on improvements from the same corps last year, they score it based on how it stacks up with the competition at that particular show, that particular night of that particular year.

• Like 4

I honestly can't tell you what Crossmen scored last year at their first show, and quite honestly, I don't think it matters what they did score last year at their first show. When the judges give a corps a score, they don't score it based on improvements from the same corps last year, they score it based on how it stacks up with the competition at that particular show, that particular night of that particular year.

I think we are all aware of that. But your score is indicative of you not expecting much from this year's Crossmen. I'd be interested in what negative things you've heard that give you that impression.

I think we are all aware of that. But your score is indicative of you not expecting much from this year's Crossmen. I'd be interested in what negative things you've heard that give you that impression.

I actually think Crossmen are going to have a very solid year but my prediction, which could be way off, is that they will start the season with a bit of a spread behind Spirit and will narrow that gap as the season progresses. I really liked their show last year and would have expected them to pass Spirit had they had one or two more shows in the season.

Whether or not they will make finals is tough to say as we all know there are a number of corps that have the potential to do it.

Weather Report

Tonight:

68°

Partly Cloudy

20% Chance of rain

A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Partly cloudy skies. Low 68F. Winds light and variable

Edited by xbones7480