Lexington Lolllapalooza

because Troopers finished 2.5 pts. behind Pacific Crest last year, and PC got 57.9 last night, it's not unreasaonble to supposed that, barring a great ape impersonation, Troop will score about 56 tomorrow.

Scouts finished 1.35 points behind Academy in 2009. Academy got a 64.8 in its first show of 2010. I guess by the theory, then, it would have been reasonable to expect Madison to score about 63.5 in its first show of 2010. Instead, Madison scored 71.1.

I'm not about to claim that Troop has done what Madison did between 2009 and 2010. The Troopers haven't even stepped on the field yet. I'm only expressing a skepticism (and, honestly, a mild frustration) with the idea that what happened last year will happen this year. I suppose it's a rant against preconceived notions. I don't expect Troop to win DCI this year. I do hope they can be seen and evaluated for what they are this year, without any hangover from last year. I would say the same for every other corps. New year, new shows, clean slate.

• Like 2

In case anyone on East Coast time is wondering how the start times align between this show in ET with the Illinois show in CT.

Eastern Time:

7:30 Cincinatti Tradition

7:47 Troopers

8:04 Crossmen

8:21 Spirit of Atlanta

8:38 Cavaliers

8:40 Colt Cadets (IL Show)

8:55 Bluecoats

8:57 Pioneer (IL Show)

9:14 Blue Stars (IL Show)

9:30-9:45? (Approx) Scores from Ky.

9:30 Clovis show start? (I'm not sure about this since I haven't found much info)

10:01 Madison (IL Show)

10:18 Cadets (IL Show)

10:35 Phantom Regiment (IL Show)

11:05-11:30? (Approx) Scores from IL show

I wish I had more info on the start times from Clovis. Looks like hardcore fans in the East Coast could be up pretty late if they want to hang here for the Clovis show.

I think putting the Cavaliers almost 5 points behind where Crown scored last night is kind of silly.

from what I've heard from someone i know who watched cavies rehearsal. their show is moving in the right direction to get them back on top, but not quite there yet. Drill is still an issue and they will probably not be in the top 5 again this season. This is what he said, and I trust the source as very knowledgable.

In case anyone on East Coast time is wondering how the start times align between this show in ET with the Illinois show in CT.

Eastern Time:

7:30 Cincinatti Tradition

7:47 Troopers

8:04 Crossmen

8:21 Spirit of Atlanta

8:38 Cavaliers

8:40 Colt Cadets (IL Show)

8:55 Bluecoats

8:57 Pioneer (IL Show)

9:14 Blue Stars (IL Show)

9:30-9:45? (Approx) Scores from Ky.

9:30 Clovis show start? (I'm not sure about this since I haven't found much info)

10:01 Madison (IL Show)

10:18 Cadets (IL Show)

10:35 Phantom Regiment (IL Show)

11:05-11:30? (Approx) Scores from IL show

I wish I had more info on the start times from Clovis. Looks like hardcore fans in the East Coast could be up pretty late if they want to hang here for the Clovis show.

I got the following from Crown's FB page (times CA local):

6.50 Warmup

8:50 Gate

9:01 Perform

Crown performs 3rd from the end, followed by BD and SCV. BD's website shows BD performing at 9:18 (CA time).

One thing to watch for as we get to bigger shows is Cavies getting the early time slots sometimes has a linering effect with practices, meals etc all earlier than they are used to

One thing to watch for as we get to bigger shows is Cavies getting the early time slots sometimes has a linering effect with practices, meals etc all earlier than they are used to

That sort of happened to them in 2010 and thankfully at the end it didn't really mess them up. This year will be a little different, but I think The Cavaliers are going to be just fine.

Show wise, I think tonight is going to be an interesting one for The Cavaliers... I just hope they have a great run of the show! :thumbup:

I got the following from Crown's FB page (times CA local):

6.50 Warmup

8:50 Gate

9:01 Perform

Crown performs 3rd from the end, followed by BD and SCV. BD's website shows BD performing at 9:18 (CA time).

SCV is on at 9:35 according to their schedule.