Belvidere Brouhaha

Thanks for the review. Speaking of reviews/commentary, ave we heard from Granny Smith in a couple of seasons? Wouldn't she have been at this show?

So Madison was the crowd favorite? Shocking!

• Like 3

Nice scores, especially Cadets and Madison! The Cadets-PR gap being fed by a large gap in GE last night; brass was closer. Madison brass not far behind Phantom, either.

• Like 1

So Madison was the crowd favorite? Shocking!

haha!

Nice scores, especially Cadets and Madison! The Cadets-PR gap being fed by a large gap in GE last night; brass was closer. Madison brass not far behind Phantom, either.

I'm in agreement with you that the Madison horns are stronger than previous years, but don't think their book is that close to PR's. I believe the large gap between Cadets and PR was due to no guard judges and the fact that Marie C. was judging. ;) Cadets had trouble dressing their closets and stuff was sticking out of them throughout the show. The show seems monochrome, as there aren't many highs and lows. And, could they at least consult a fashion designer or interior designer that knows something about color? Those guard colors are 'no-no's' with maroon! Kinda shocks the eye and hurts a bit. PR was clean, solid and the guard is already incredibly perfect. I'm sure they've got 'things' to add, so those will be nice additions. Madison was definitely the crowd favorite, even at the PR show. Very moving, the helicopter blades are unique and catchy and the emotion is high! As far as the venue, I enjoyed it much more than crowded Boylan. Lots more space and ease of parking, but they need more helpers to find seat locations. I only saw one poor soul who was being run to death and people were confused.

F

Did they use the DCM fan-o'-meter?

Fan-o-meter would say Scouts won, PR second. The crowd appeared silent and bored during the Cadets show. Wait, doesn't 'Audience Engagement" count in the new sheets? lol

I'm in agreement with you that the Madison horns are stronger than previous years, but don't think their book is that close to PR's. I believe the large gap between Cadets and PR was due to no guard judges and the fact that Marie C. was judging. ;) Cadets had trouble dressing their closets and stuff was sticking out of them throughout the show. The show seems monochrome, as there aren't many highs and lows. And, could they at least consult a fashion designer or interior designer that knows something about color? Those guard colors are 'no-no's' with maroon! Kinda shocks the eye and hurts a bit. PR was clean, solid and the guard is already incredibly perfect. I'm sure they've got 'things' to add, so those will be nice additions. Madison was definitely the crowd favorite, even at the PR show. Very moving, the helicopter blades are unique and catchy and the emotion is high! As far as the venue, I enjoyed it much more than crowded Boylan. Lots more space and ease of parking, but they need more helpers to find seat locations. I only saw one poor soul who was being run to death and people were confused.

Cadets guard uniforms are meant to differentiate them from the large "monochromatic towers" and corps proper. Probably designed for visual interest from a stadium venue. I'm sure a full judging panel including a percussion judge, will not hurt the Cadets scoring.

Really? The colors hurt your eyes a bit? Better stay out of the sun then. You pretty much lost all credibility with your argument by not being able to find one positive thing about Cadets show but finding everything about Phantom incredibly perfect.

• Like 1

Cadets guard uniforms are meant to differentiate them from the large "monochromatic towers" and corps proper. Probably designed for visual interest from a stadium venue. I'm sure a full judging panel including a percussion judge, will not hurt the Cadets scoring.

Thank you for that information. I guess aesthetics are very personal and each individual has his own preferences. Thank goodness, or the world (and corps!) would be boring. When a full juding panel is present, it will help 'sort things out' for sure. I always look forward to those shows.

Really? The colors hurt your eyes a bit? Better stay out of the sun then. You pretty much lost all credibility with your argument by not being able to find one positive thing about Cadets show but finding everything about Phantom incredibly perfect.

Why so curt? DCP is just a place for opinions, but not bashing. These were mine and I'm happy to read yours as well. And no, I just said that PR's guard was incredibly clean for this time of year. I also commented that they have plenty more to add that will be a welcome part of the show. I'm sure you can read between the lines on that one. I'm honestly not concerned about 'credibility' on this board, as it is just a fun place to see what other's are thinking, but in the end...it doesn't really matter. I'm here for the fun of it, not an argument, and I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way. I enjoy the activity, the memories and the discussions. No harm intended.