Stanford Showdown

BD...such raw talent, yet no crowd interaction. At least THEY had fun.

• Like 4

WTF Did I just watch? :blink:/>

haha agreed, but if and when they clean that up, it's a contender. Definitely not a fan favorite, but the judges are gonna eat this up. some serious talent going on here.

Timid response from the crowd, impressed with the talent, technicality, precision and intellect. But did nothing for me. Based on response from crowd, most agreed.

• Like 1

Not in love with BD show. There are parts I love. I love the source material (the Brenzel ... I am ambivalent aout the Stravinsky). They just seem to leave some of the best parts of the source material out for reasons I don't quite understand.

I loved the Dada show from the first time I saw it last year. I don't hate this show by any means, but I am not jumpong off my coach either. We'll see if it grows on me. Thought it was quite sloppy in spots too.

I swear, BD's show makes me feel like I'm in a nightmare and trying to wake up, but I want more of it for some reason, if that makes sense. Great job marching around those poles, drumline is amazing, guard is amazing, hornline is amazing. But I'm having trouble getting into it.

• Like 1

It was certainly interesting from the Devs tonight. But they've proven they don't need crowd reaction to do well

ScoJo says.....Bedamned Musicality....HERE'S MORE NOTES!!! RAM RAM RAM!!! haha

Ahh I miss the days of Jim Cassella at SCV. Tasteful percussion scoring

• Like 1

BD - please! You are much better than that (visual programming). Pick-up-stix, scatter drill, pick-up stix, scatter drill, follow-the-leader, stand still, scatter drill, rinse and repeat. Musically sounded like "Through A Glass Darkly" (2010). Tons of talent in their corps, just wished the product given them to perform was better.

• Like 2

....What did I just watch? I LOVE Rite of Spring, I dig some good drum set, heck, I even like dubstep, but.... Huh? I can only handle so much dissonance, designed randomness, and written visual dirt before I mentally check out, no matter how well you perform it. Maybe they'll change my mind in ATL like last year...

Edited by Tyler C.
  • Like 2