Stanford Showdown

Wow. I can't believe the booing. I have to believe the booing is for the judges. The bd performers didn't design this stuff.

Forget about show design for a sec... Blue devils show was not performed so well. Lots of tearing and lots of missed forms.

I don't know how the judging works exactly but boy the scoring doesn't seem to fit with the performances. I guess in the end scoring for an activity like this will always be more subjective than anyone but the winners would like to admit.

• Like 4

They were boing the placement.

Right ... they were booing BD's placement in first. I don't like the placement, but I'm not going to make BD feel like crap because of it.

• Like 1

I really liked their take on the Rite of Spring. The rest not so much....but I'm not familiar with the music. Maybe I'll go do research :rolleyes:/>

There is a really good section towards the front half of BD's show that I dig alot.

I only heard snippets of "Rite", at least from Stravinky's original version. Still awesome horn players they have always been and always will be.

• Like 1

I think one of the big goals the Blue Devils have, as anyone else would, is for their listeners to have a strong emotional reaction to their music. By reacting the way a lot of folks have on here, for better or for worse they have accomplished what I think they set out to. For that, I have no issue with them winning tonight.

Edited by tubamarc8891
  • Like 3

BD got booed at what is essentially a home show. If winning is what matters most to BD, fine. I hope it's worth every golf clap along the way.

No kidding. Another sign you're doing it wrong, your B and C corps get A LOT more response than you......

• Like 3

And how in the world did BD win guard when they had a drop on almost every major impact toss?

same as last year's finals, I guess

How the f is moving pick-up-sticks around the field a depiction of pagan rituals? BD's designers really had a big dump on the field this year.

Much of The Rite of Spring has to do with ritural. Think about it. Poles, symbols, formations, ect. ect. ect.

I find the show very intriguing and I'm usually not a fan of BD's shows.

And besides, I think it's amazing that no one ran into a pole tonight, at least i didn't see if if they did. :)

• Like 1