Bowling Green Brewery (6/23)

Headin out will miss scores

Like others said, thanks for being our eyes and ears for the show. Its appreciated.

Edited by BRASSO

???

Is it really that much of a mystery?..I've been to many shows over the years where Hop pacing along the sidelines can sometimes be distracting...depending on where I'm sitting.

Just my observation..not saying whether its good or bad

Edited by Liahona

Anyone doing an encore or skipping because of the weather? Anyone still there to report scores?

I have to disagree regarding the Cadets as being too complex.

I think there are complex layers, intentionally so, but the Side X Side design is pretty clear throughout. The props are great (and generally unobtrusive as far as Cadet props go) and really emphasize the overall concept along with providing stark visual cues for each movement. On one side of the props you'll have angular drill, on the other you'll have wavy drill. Or brass vs. percussion. Or large ensemble playing Medea and small ensemble playing Adagio for Strings (which is a great moment). Great show designs have overt references to the show concept as well as that added layer of depth in brass, guard, and percussion design. From what I've seen so far I'd say the Cadets have both of these layers consistently throughout the show. That is, to me, a championship-caliber design.

A lot of the mid to late 2000s Cadets shows had hit moments and miss moments...but this design hearkens back to mid-90s and early 2000s Cadets. Oh yeah...and the hornline can PLAY!

Anyone doing an encore or skipping because of the weather? Anyone still there to report scores?

Speaking of which, who does the encore in Bowling Green ? I'd guess Phantom Regiment, but I really wouldn't know for Bowling Green now that Glassmen no longer are in competition.

Is it really that much of a mystery?..I've been to many shows over the years where Hop pacing along the sidelines can sometimes be distracting...depending on where I'm sitting.

Just my observation..not saying whether its good or bad

You know, I have never understood nor will never understand this comment. During finals, you have cameramen moving back and forth along the sidelines, heck, you have judges all over the field, yet people seem to always make a big deal about ONE MAN pacing along the sidelines supporting his corps. I can't understand why people let that annoy them.

To each his own though.

Edited by 2000Cadet