Bowling Green Brewery (6/23)

Why does it seem like everyone has 5 marimbas this year? That definitely wasn't the norm a few years ago.

Because amplification allows corps to do more with less.

Wait...that doesn't make any sense.

Because the percussion arranger that dies with the most toys wins.

Okay...I'm being facetious.

About the amplification. :smile:

This is unbelievable. Only about half the line was let in between Pioneer and Troopers. So, we still aren't inside. Horrible management. We got here before Pioneer started.

I was stuck in the same line. They really ought to hold the show between corps until at least the people who have already been waiting for 15 minutes can get it. That's how it works in the theater, opera, or orchestra.

A good show, once I finally got in. I think Boston is being overscored and Cavaliers is being underscored this year, but was pleased to find the judges agreed with me that Madison was better than both, that Phantom is building on a strong framework, and that Cadets are excellent. Blue Stars and Crossmen a toss up for me currently: messy shows that by no means convey the themes they're going for. Fuller review tomorrow.

Because amplification allows corps to do more with less.

Wait...that doesn't make any sense.

Because the percussion arranger that dies with the most toys wins.

Okay...I'm being facetious.

About the amplification. :smile:/>/>

And, is none the less...

still. dead.

I'm with about a hundred people who are in line to get into the stadium. They didn't let anyone in during Pioneer's performance

I hate to pull up one of the most important rules I took from my music experiences (including drum corps)

"To be on time is to be early. To be late is to be on time."

The issue has to do with all of the late comers who meander in at the same time at the very last minute. Both Pioneer and Troopers both stood there and waited a certain amount of time before starting their show. They can only wait so long. At some point people need to be responsible enough to get there early enough to be in their seats in time.

• Like 3