New Haven Nook

all gone

Wow... that was sort of weird.

What if we find out later that Blucoats scored a " 74 " something and that Jersey Surf scored a " 56 " something ?

• Like 1

Just saw the scores on DCI too. Guessing somebody's screwing up....lol...

So we can perhaps look back at this later, Jersey Surf was scored a " 56 " something and Bluecoats scored a " 74 " something and both were posted on the DCI official scores website before 9:30 pm at this show, and before Phantom Regiment and Boston Crusaders even took the field at this show. My hunch the scores of Surf and Bluecoats were bogus and this was a glitch of some sort. But if we learn later that these Corps got the scores as posted before 9:30 pm, but then taken down for some reason ( and before Phantom, Boston went on ), then that would be an intriquing to say the least. But right now, I'd say this was a simple glitch and neither Corps got these scores tonite.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm guessing that whomever is keying in the tabulators numbers into the recap is/was accidentally publishing online real time and someone with DCI finally caught on and pulled it down. If I had to put money on it, I would say that those scores were correct.

Edited by PeteInGA
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that whomever is keying in the tabulators numbers into the recap is/was accidentally publishing online real time and someone with DCI finally caught on and pulled it down. If I had to put money on it, I would say that those scores were correct.

If somebody is publishing real time scores on the DCI website from a local show, then they put in Jersey Surf's total tally... then waited at least 17 minutes.... and did the same error over again, this time with the Bluecoats. :doh:

Your rebuttal Brasso!

I doubt those were the scores, simply because they are almost exactly the same as last night's scores.

With modern advances now, there is no need for crumpled small pieces of paper. That is so passe, and yesterday's news.

( some here are no doubt wondering what the H. is he mumbling about with this... but a few others on here are chuckling right now, because they've been around the block once or twice in Drum Corps and understand the inside joke I'm pretty sure. Thus there's no 'Splainin' to do with them. For the others, my lips are sealed... haha !) :biggrin:

Edited by BRASSO

With modern advances now, there is no need for crumpled small pieces of paper. That is so passe, and yesterday's news.

( some here are no doubt wondering what the H. is he mumbling about with this... but a few others on here are chuckling right now, because they've been around the block once or twice in Drum Corps and understand the inside joke I'm pretty sure. Thus there's no 'Splainin' to do with them. For the others, my lips are sealed... haha !) :biggrin:/>

And of which you typed was discussed on this site not that many years ago.