Dear Crown Brass Staff Peoples:

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sign this petition for the arc!!

• Yea I prefer sitting in the arc
    • Nah, circle it up

At the last warm-up I took in awhile back, I overheard the "brass warm-up dude" remark to an associate how he wished the corps didn't have to do them. It's all for show. The brass line's been warming up most of the day.

When I was in a corps..the brass warmup had a tad to do with prepping ones chops for playing..and a lot to do with generating focus and performance adrenaline...

The part of warmups I feel is a bit unnecessary are the visual warmups....

When I was in a corps..the brass warmup had a tad to do with prepping ones chops for playing..and a lot to do with generating focus and performance adrenaline...

The part of warmups I feel is a bit unnecessary are the visual warmups....

After a two hour break to eat and pack up, then probably a half hour bus ride to the show site, your legs can get tight and need to get warmed back up in visual warm-up. Especially with some of the super high speed drill we're doing today

Maybe I'm just different from most brass players, but I was always pretty warm and ready to go after about 5 minutes of brass warm-up. And I didn't go cold over a meal break, but everyone is different. I will agree that warm-ups were huge about generating focus about the upcoming show and getting everyone ready to go.

Also, I've never seen any corps ever say "come see us in the lot before the the real show" or something along those lines. I've seen corps post lot videos.. cause they can be cool. But I've never seen what Stu is saying.

Me neither. Stu, how about some links to all this G7 material encouraging crowds to boycott other corps until the G7 performs.

Have you tried crawling into the circle? thumbup.gif

1. Good one ^

2. Parachute in?

3. Bury yourself under a "Crown Warm Up Area" sign, then pop up in mid warm up.

4. Remote control helicopter flies into the circle and you get a live feed.

5. Dress up as Crown staff member.

6. Hide in a bush.

7. Have a DCI "Show Coordinator" shirt made up and enter the circle waving a clip board.

To the OP; Welcome to DCP, don't worry about getting 49 red negatives on one of your first posts, I was running negative 60 when my signature said that INT and Waffle jokes were lame. Good luck watching Crown warm up.

• Like 3

1. Good one ^

2. Parachute in?

3. Bury yourself under a "Crown Warm Up Area" sign, then pop up in mid warm up.

4. Remote control helicopter flies into the circle and you get a live feed.

5. Dress up as Crown staff member.

6. Hide in a bush.

7. Have a DCI "Show Coordinator" shirt made up and enter the circle waving a clip board.

To the OP; Welcome to DCP, don't worry about getting 49 red negatives on one of your first posts, I was running negative 60 when my signature said that INT and Waffle jokes were lame. Good luck watching Crown warm up.

this literally made me lol !haha

Please please please for the love of god... have your hornline in an arc instead of a circle for show warmups! I completely understand the purpose for the circle, but save that for rehearsals. We wanna get slapped in the face with that sound at the shows in the lot. Kinda hard to do standing outside of the circle and behind the players. I have seen the arc plenty of times at show warmups.. but I get so mad I want to punch something when you guys get in the circle lol.

Going a little over the top, are we? :rolleyes:/>

Peace,

Fred O.

... I get so mad I want to punch something when you guys get in the circle lol.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

If I google the phrase "follow us into the stadium" in conjunction with the word "corps", the only result I get is this March DCP post.

To the OP; Welcome to DCP, don't worry about getting 49 red negatives on one of your first posts, I was running negative 60 when my signature said that INT and Waffle jokes were lame.

Well then I bet you're going to love INT's 2013 production, "I like waffles". :tongue:

• Like 2

Last I checked, the lot was to warm the corps up before a show and get them ready to preform. Crown chooses to warm-up in a circle to get the best warm-up to peak brass performance in the show. It obviously works.

• Like 1