The Beanpot in Lynn

And for the record....it's pronounced Cape Cahd! :tongue:/>/>

I remember going to a few shows on the Cape. They must have been sponsored by Boston Crusaders. It would be great to have a few shows on the Cape.The venues on the Cape would be small, but it would be a great atmosphere for a show. They probably could make a financial killing. The Cape has to be filled with alums from BAC, St. Kevin's Emerald Knights, Majestic Knights, Holy Family Defenders, etc. Alums of 27th, North Star, and Beverly Cardinals probably headed north, because everyone in Massachusetts know, crossing the Tobin Bridge or travelling through the airport tunnels except when you're going to Logan is a day's journey! So North rarely goes South and South rarely goes North. That being said, 27th used to refer to "out of staters" in their corps. Were they really from out of state or were they from Norwood, Quincy, Needham, and other suburbs south of Boston?

• Like 1

I remember going to a few shows on the Cape. They must have been sponsored by Boston Crusaders. It would be great to have a few shows on the Cape.The venues on the Cape would be small, but it would be a great atmosphere for a show. They probably could make a financial killing. The Cape has to be filled with alums from BAC, St. Kevin's Emerald Knights, Majestic Knights, Holy Family Defenders, etc. Alums of 27th, North Star, and Beverly Cardinals probably headed north, because everyone in Massachusetts know, crossing the Tobin Bridge or travelling through the airport tunnels except when you're going to Logan is a day's journey! So North rarely goes South and South rarely goes North. That being said, 27th used to refer to "out of staters" in their corps. Were they really from out of state or were they from Norwood, Quincy, Needham, and other suburbs south of Boston?

Tim I do not see Marlboro mention.

Me to wife as we're heading South past the IBEW Hall in Dorchester. "Based on the current time and the Crusaders go on about fourth from last, we might see them drive by on their way to Lynn". Less than two minutes later as we're heading through E. Milton, "here they come Patti". She never did look up from her nook! She never could understand what I saw in D&BC.

• Like 1

laura_h_j

Guys the #jerseysurf show is wonderful. @juliaguliaa12 is getting it. #iloveit

Eat 'em up BOSTON! :smile:

Cool encore tonight with Bridgemen Alumni joining with Surf to pay tribute to the North Star. One of my favorites back 30 some years ago.

Just texted my son who plays bari with Surf and he said no they are not.

Tim I do not see Marlboro mention.

Boston did a Family Day type show at Barnstable HS for a few years during the early to mid-90s. Great facilities for move in, and the weather was always gorgeous on the Cape at that time. (From what I hear it's been pretty wet back East this summer).

Good times - no other major corps appeared during that spell though.