Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

Difference between Crown's narration this summer and Cadet's NPR show...I haven't thrown up in my mouth yet this summer. That's usually a good indicator.

• Like 3

Difference between Crown's narration this summer and Cadet's NPR show...I haven't thrown up in my mouth yet this summer. That's usually a good indicator.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I don't see how you can compare the two.

• Like 1

I stand corrected....I think...may need some verification from a Cadet's wonk........thanks Crunch!

I'm pretty sure that Garry was referring to the "NPR show" being lip-synced. The voice actors were up front and the two people on the couch in the middle of the field weren't mic'ed. The other show had wireless mics on the members, on the field.

I look at amplified narration the same way I look at a drum break. I'm all for it. Unless it sucks.

In the end, can you tell me why it matters to so many on DCP that CC is disassociated with Cadets use of mics.....who the hell cares....it works for them. What's different is not what's on the field.....but what's in the stands.

With this point of view, it would be impossible to ever critique anything done on the field. Don't like the Cavaliers' drill? Why do you hate the Cavaliers? All the corps march drill, so if you don't like the Cavies' drill it must be because you hate the Cavies. Don't like the mello solo in Vanguard's show? Guess you hate Vanguard, because all corps have mellos, so what's on the field is identical. Crown's rifle tosses don't do it for you? Why do you hate Crown?

Don't forget Carmen as well. smile.gif

Opera. :tongue:

I stand corrected....I think...may need some verification from a Cadet's wonk........thanks Crunch!

In "This I Believe" they had wireless mics on the field performers. In "Pursuit of Happiness" the voice actors were on the sidelines behind a screen and were portrayed by guard members on the field.

• Like 1

IMO...I loved the 2007 show, narration and all. I just did not feel 2008 worked...either set of dialogue. Kudos to them for trying something, but IMO neither of the story lines worked for them. OTOH... 2007 I thought worked very well. I loved the final "This I believe!" statement where the box with the empty spot moved over to joing the narrator at just that spoken moment.

With this point of view, it would be impossible to ever critique anything done on the field. Don't like the Cavaliers' drill? Why do you hate the Cavaliers? All the corps march drill, so if you don't like the Cavies' drill it must be because you hate the Cavies. Don't like the mello solo in Vanguard's show? Guess you hate Vanguard, because all corps have mellos, so what's on the field is identical. Crown's rifle tosses don't do it for you? Why do you hate Crown?

This is what I mean about the "ready, fire....aim!" blink.gif/> thinking on DCP. Who said anything about hate....you guys are ridiculous with this stuff. Calm down.

Go ahead and critique...it's what happens here. My comment was only suggesting that many folks this season (and I predicted it would happen after my first viewing of CC) are going to be torn due to their previous positions on avante gard productions and use of mics and how they ripped BD, Cadets, et al.....but now they have to apply that same logic to their favorite..............................oops! shutup.gif/>

If you don't see that, you're not pay attention. And stop using the word hate.......I hate it!! tongue.gif/>

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1