Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

Cadets undefeated season will end. I could see them in 2nd, but won't be surprised if they're in 3rd. Think things will be pretty tight score-wise in the Top 3 though.

Can't remember... are they still using different sheets for TOC shows???

Cumulative Scoring

NEW FOR 2013: While each Tour of Champions event will be based on the DCI judging system, a sequential scoring system will be used across all seven shows similar to those used in NASCAR and other sporting events. The cumulative scoring will result in a season-long champion named at the final Tour of Champions event in Buffalo.

Cumulative Scoring

NEW FOR 2013: While each Tour of Champions event will be based on the DCI judging system, a sequential scoring system will be used across all seven shows similar to those used in NASCAR and other sporting events. The cumulative scoring will result in a season-long champion named at the final Tour of Champions event in Buffalo.

and that winner should pretty much sum up the Winner in Indy.

and that winner should pretty much sum up the Winner in Indy.

Not necessarily - DCI is full of champions who put on a late season surge. Heck, we've even seen corps in 3rd or 4th prior to Allentown surge to win the whole thing before - especially if the bunching is tight, like I expect this yera to be.

I do worry, though, that there will be added pressure in Indy to ensure that the champion is the same corps who won the "season circuit" of TOC shows? And, no, I'm not normal big conspiracist on here, but that thought has crossed my mind. It would be the change to the caption winners at Championships from the winner on the last night for each caption to the average score from 3 days (which I don't mind that much) to something similar put on steroids...

Harvey

Cumulative Scoring

That would be interesting if the competition order changed as much as it does from race to race in NASCAR...

• Like 3

I LOVE that Blue Devils go on 2nd!

If it is like last year, they will complain the sun was too high, and they were not judged fairly, and blah blah bah.

Welcome to reality BD.

Oh, and this TOC/G7/G8 thing is soooooo interesting to me. What if these were the only corps still in existence?

I think they would eat each other. Despite the small number, someone would have to be last. Would everyone start to

view the last pace corps as many have viewed Pioneer in recent years? Would most still put winning above entertaining?

Would the general audience never be considered and they then only cater to the deep dedicated modern drum corps fan?

Interesting.

Oh so interesting.

• Like 2

a "prediction" at scores:

Carolina Crown 87.35

Blue Devils 87.25

Cadets 86.65??

Santa Clara 83.25

Phantom Regiment 82.25

Bluecoats 82.00

Cavaliers 81.75

Have Crown taking brass, Devils guard, Cadets narrowly taking drums over SCV

Cadets have full practices days Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so that should help??

I don't think the gap between the top three will be more than 1.5pts

Total guess on my part. Last night watching Bluecoats vs. Regiment I would have had Coats over Regiment narrowly - but it went the other way to my surprise. Those 2 are a back and forth to say the least

G.

I do find it interesting that Central Missouri State University (Warrensburg, MO) is hosting a TOC event. The corps are going to have al little walk if the parking and warm-up area is the same as for this show as it is for the marching band contest. Though Arrowhead Stadium has been refurbished, I don't know if this would work. What is the possibility of having the University of Kansas host a show? We don't have high schools with stadiums the size of high school stadiums in Texas in the area.

a "prediction" at scores:

Carolina Crown 87.35

Blue Devils 87.25

Cadets 86.65??

Santa Clara 83.25

Phantom Regiment 82.25

Bluecoats 82.00

Cavaliers 81.75

Have Crown taking brass, Devils guard, Cadets narrowly taking drums over SCV

Cadets have full practices days Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so that should help??

I don't think the gap between the top three will be more than 1.5pts

Total guess on my part. Last night watching Bluecoats vs. Regiment I would have had Coats over Regiment narrowly - but it went the other way to my surprise. Those 2 are a back and forth to say the least

G.

I don't think it will be a narrow margin in drums. Cadets are playing a metric ton of vocabulary and are already very very clean. Vanguard has the clarity, but its that time in the season when their achievement numbers will start to outstrip their content/composition numbers. I could see them in third even behind Coats as I think Coats have an advantage in front ensemble over the others.

• Like 1

That would be interesting if the competition order changed as much as it does from race to race in NASCAR...

Which corps won the pole position? :tongue:/>