Oh, I think everyone in the big house knows, and I know the G7 know.

The question is, who gets the blame, and how is it used as justification, when it fails?

IMO, I think part of your equation knows. I think another part only sees that these shows bring them more $$$ than a regular show.

and until fans speak up, they'll keep doing it. I mean people have given these shows bad reviews from day 1. Hasn't stopped them, not has it led to any significant change outside of the number of corps involved

IMO, I think part of your equation knows. I think another part only sees that these shows bring them more $$ than a regular show.

and until fans speak up, they'll keep doing it. I mean people have given these shows bad reviews from day 1. Hasn't stopped them, not has it led to any significant change outside of the number of corps involved

I'm not convinced we could find where it has led to any significant change inside the corps involved, either.

According to Carl Lo, one of the executive producers of ToC, these shows are not meant to pick favorites but rather embrace the legacy and tradition of drum corps international. In this sense "Champion" is not used as a noun but rather a verb - "to support the cause of, defend". The ToC corps are defenders and supporters of the activity of marching music. Are these some of the highest achieving corps? Historically, yes. Could other corps be included in this series? Arguably so. In any case, just thought I would clear some things up as I had heard Carl Lo talk about why it is called the "Tour of Champions" in person.

• Like 2

According to Carl Lo, one of the executive producers of ToC, these shows are not meant to pick favorites but rather embrace the legacy and tradition of drum corps international. In this sense "Champion" is not used as a noun but rather a verb - "to support the cause of, defend". The ToC corps are defenders and supporters of the activity of marching music. Are these some of the highest achieving corps? Historically, yes. Could other corps be included in this series? Arguably so. In any case, just thought I would clear some things up as I had heard Carl Lo talk about why it is called the "Tour of Champions" in person.

I hadn't heard this one before, but I'm not surprised. The G7 directors said their corps were "the show" and were the top 7 drumcorps, and when a few corps dropped out of top 7 they had to change the definition. How perfect is Tour Of "Champions", not in a literal sense of past champions or the top 7 corps, but Champions of the activity. This way the G7 directors can be TOC in perpetuity. The Cavs could drop out of finals and Madison could win, and nothing would change if Hop/Gibbs had their way. Total BS.

I never bored by threads knocking the G7 or TOC. I say drop them both in 2014.

IMO, I think part of your equation knows. I think another part only sees that these shows bring them more $$$ than a regular show.

Fans are speaking up in a more realistic way.....they're leaving the activity as mentioned by OP. I check in every once in a while to see if things have straightened out. But , it continues to degrade itself. It is now become nothing more than a designers contest using synths,precorded mumble. If Im not a music major or band geek, I don't fit.

Oh, and America ' o Canada ROCKS

• Like 2

I agree...I hate going to shows and seeing the best corps in the entire activity all on the same night....geez. So tiresome :rolleyes:

• Like 6

What's the fuss about? I wouldn't mind hearing this live:

Meh.

They didn't have to sing America The Beautiful for me to enjoy it.

Those opera voices are distracting and cover up the reason I paid to see and hear drum corps.

• Like 2