Denton, TX

From Twitter:

Wow. Blue Knights opening statement brought chills! Amazing sound.

Blue Knights very sublime use of Methany's Circle masterpiece.

Thus far:

Mandarins-Solid concept and very aggressive at times. Best show from them I have seen.

Colts-A good show with some demand, but fairly straightforward. Good energy. Drums rough tonight.

Uniform is awkward.

Crossmen-I thought a step up from Colts in most sections, but an easier show overall, especially tempo-wise,

Uniforms for musicians and guard look great. Concept fits them well.

Blue Stars-interesting. Some visual exposures for sure. Brass often overblown. Theme off and on again. Last half seemed

drawn out. Lots of individual blips this evening. Brass versus drum writing?

Spirit- Lots of fire and crowd ate it up! Some cleaning to do but tons of demand. Better than last night which I wasn't sure was

possible for all they are doing. What a fun and well thought out concept, Very clear segments from the 20s. I love how clear the theme is.

BK-Very solid first half. Second half much different in terms of engagement and achievement. Brass challenge seems low.

Pretty colors. Thought tarps were not legal?

Edited by tigger2
  • Like 1

Alright Vanguard! Much improved from Denver in marching. New drill in closer is wonderful. Love this show. Hornline is growing but still a long ways to go to contend. The vehicle is there though. Such an effective guard too. Bravo!

• Like 1

BK-Very solid first half. Second half much different in terms of engagement and achievement. Brass challenge seems low.

Pretty colors. Thought tarps were not legal?

Last night in BA, 3-4 guard members came out from underneath the blue ball table. Were they triggering some kind of effect under there? Pitching woo? I didn't really get a "emerging from something" bravado or anything, so it seemed a little awkward. Anyone know?

From twitter:

@SantaClaraVanguard

This corps LOOKS beautiful!

This drumline is fantastic!!! Horns having a few issues tonight. Awesome use of props. First standing O. Fantastic!

Jacky Gilley is judging GE Visual. Cadets will come in 4th in that caption 1 point or more from the top.doh.gif

Blue stars definitely feel like the first bit corps of the night. Not really a fan of the show or the concept. Brass edgy. Guard had some good tosses. Sun out. Not enough wind. Someone smells like BO.

Thank you for the intuitive, insightful, in-depth report on this group. I really learned a lot from your expert nebulous opinion!

• Like 1

Jacky Gilley is judging GE Visual. Cadets will come in 4th in that caption 1 point or more from the top.doh.gif

Given the issues with their towers, I think that'd be a reasonable Visual GE score. Sloppy setups and movement of props detracts from visual effect.

• Like 5