ATLANTA, GA

BD...first in Percussion, Guard and Viz!

• Like 5

Perc ScoreCrown = 17.7

Blue Devils = 18.5

Difference = 0.8/2 = 0.4

Overall Score

Crown= 92.50

Blue Devils = 92.90

Difference = 0.4

So following the idea of Crown having the same drum score as BD changing matters..

If Crown has the same Visual-based (even minus Guard) scores, they score a 92.9 as well.

lolnumbers

• Like 1

Not getting BD in guard tonight. it was a BAD run for them.

It seems it's all about who's on the panel. Lentz, Torchia, Kelly, Miller havent had Crown up a single time all season. Pretty much everyone else

disagrees. We need to have the ATL visual panel do prelims in Indy and then just get out of town :-) (or better yet -- just not even judge in Indy)

Crown can do this. Keep cleaning visually and the drumline needs to clean like it's the end of the world. A few tenths in perc and a sparkling show...and the magic can happen.

Keep working purplepantsband !!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

No problem. If you go onto the DCI.ORG website... click on" scores " up top, then go to the show you want, then look at " recaps ". Hit that and it will take you to where BD and Crown compare. You'll see that once again this year, Crown is having trouble getting into the first 4 in percussion. Thats been their achilles heel the last 2 seasons. That said, they are very much in a title hunt, onlly a few tenths off from BD right now.

I feel the Finals judges this year will have more pre-show interest than ever.

In other news.... Go Troop. :thumbup:

• Like 5

This year I appreciate Blue Devils (a lot more than last year) but please explain to me me what they have over Crown. I like to think of myself as reasonable person but I really do not get BD's show this year.

Thanks.

That's easy. 100 "trees" that mark all the spots members need to move to so once they get there in a crooked line they can play a dissonant note or execute a perfect miss of a catch that has been "artistically" designed.

• Like 8

Drum score alone likely accounts for the reason they lost. .55 back (after the score was divided in half) at one competition. If they had drums like the Cadets BD or SCV, they'd be winning

While Crown's percussion is clearly the most egregious reason why Crown is losing, they're also having Visual problems:

* 4th in Vis. Prof (albeit by only .4) w/3rd in Comp. sub-caption

* 2nd in Vis. Analysis, but 3rd in Comp. sub-caption

Yes, no argument that percussion is not helping them win DCI. But looking at tonight's recap, Crown would've literally have had to TIE Blue Devils in percussion, thus WIN the caption, to only TIE Blue Devils overall. Scoring anything other than BD's 18.5 or higher would've kept Crown in 2nd tonight.

But yeah, it does suck to have all but one caption in Box 5.

Crown still has their work cut out for them if they want to win: a LOT in percussion, but also a bit visually. Still some time to work things out, and BD definitely is not running away with the Gold.

• Like 1

It's my favorite show of the season, yet I probably cheered louder and longer for SCV and Cadets. Your assumption that crowd reaction is telling of ones enjoyment of a show is flawed. When you can reliably read the minds of "the majority of the fans", then by all means get back to us.

I'm sorry you're right. Most people, when they really enjoy a show, don't even bother to clap. My bad.

• Like 3