ATLANTA, GA

Were the timing issues in the middle of Blue Devils show intended to mean something related to the concept or were they just timing problems?

• Like 1

Actually BD has increased the demand in their drill over previous years. I know this music like the back of my hand from my school years. Good job BD!

Anyone who doesn't understand how difficult this kind of drill is should try it. Often times str8 lines and pretty circles are much easier than abstract drill.

Silliest statement since "silence is demanding."

Edited by InspaDave
  • Like 3

The Blue Devils always find a fresh way to present a show. Sometimes it sells, sometimes not. But I love their spirit. This show has grown on me. I do feel there is some clutter visually, but most of it is just stunning and demanding. The chromaticism in the brass book, the range demands, the subtle tempo changes that pop up instantly in the midst of big dramatic hits, and their attention to detail in marching technique...it's all there and really creates demand and GE.

• Like 4

The depth of program, layering, and attention to detail in Devils show is simply unmatched. Still not a fan of the ending though. Maybe they should sell out like the competition and do the Chuck Corea tag with an old school end-zone to end-zone company front.

• Like 2

Ahh, that Crown horn line.

• Like 1

Silliest statement since "silence is demanding."

Releases aren't as easy as you would think.

Seeing some visual issues in the tuba section. There is a home but that's not the issue.

Releases aren't as easy as you would think.

No they are not, but I was not speaking about them.