Murfreesboro Mayhem

Sorry I appreciate a difficult brass book? lol.

Crown's in plenty difficult. They're playing some amazingly complicated stuff, doesn't have to be in 20 different keys. Those runs are harder than what most other lines are attempting, and it's really a small part of their show.

• Like 1

So the Devs make a HUGE jump on color guard in a couple of days?

This point would assume unassailable validity of the previous score...

So, according to DCP, BD has won this year. No reason to hold the rest of the season, folks.

Seriously, two weeks ago Crown won by 1.35, and it was praised as the second coming. BD wins by 1.05 today, and the apocalypse is taking place. Who knows, maybe at finals in two weeks, Cadets will win by a point?

I, personally, am holding out hope for a finals night Capital Regiment surge to 1st.

No they don't tour anymore. What's your point? :tongue:

FWIW... I haven't been that entertained from Phantom since 2010... 2011 a little... but 2010... 2008 was really last year of them being PHANTOM!! for me. Now it's just a screen name... and I absolutely love their history of entertaining classical shows... no matter where they placed, they were always a fan favorite. They just aren't the same anymore.

And I know it's always everyone hates BD... WAH WAH WAH... take off the blue tinted glasses and come watch the activity that everyone else is watching.

Shower me in red minuses now... or what color would they be through the blue? Purple? devil.gifph34r.gif

• Like 2

So, according to DCP, BD has won this year. No reason to hold the rest of the season, folks.

Seriously, two weeks ago Crown won by 1.35, and it was praised as the second coming. BD wins by 1.05 today, and the apocalypse is taking place. Who knows, maybe at finals in two weeks, Cadets will win by a point?

This year is crazy, so far we have had two corps run away from the others in the top three, yet the others just bounce back each time. I think it's great fuel for Cadets and Crown going into tomorrow and Sunday. Those members will want to close that gap.

I wish people would grow up on this forum. You don't have to like BD, but I certainly think that they breathe some life into this activity. They constantly are trying to push innovation, and remember without innovation, we would still see symmetrical drill (yes, that was SCV breaking that trend, so please don't flame me; it was just a reference to innovation being necessary). Also, if you had every show like Crown's show or Cadets' show or Phantom's or any other corps', you would be bored to tears. Let the activity have a BD and a Crown. It needs both, the abstract innovation and the more rational 'pure' shows.

Amen! I love the differences between the styles of each corps. If everyone had super emotional, tear-jerking shows every year they'd all lose their impact. I love BD for the fact that they are bringing new ideas to DCI.

What a great season this is turning out to be! All I could think at the end of the broadcast was that I really couldn't think of one corps I didn't like.

The scores wont work themselves out until finals. No point stressing over them now. I thought everyone had pretty solid runs and should be proud.

Amen! I love the differences between the styles of each corps. If everyone had super emotional, tear-jerking shows every year they'd all lose their impact. I love BD for the fact that they are bringing new ideas to DCI.

And they'll continue to walk away with shiny medals, but not the hearts of the fans.

• Like 2

Those golf claps must be so inspiring to get.

I don't know about you, but I didn't do drum corps to hear people clap for me. I did it because it was awesome to play amongst great players that wanted to excel.

• Like 1

I do believe Crown peaked a month too early, Percussion has been their achilles heel for years. Has to be addressed if they are to ever win

• Like 3