Murfreesboro Mayhem

Crown takes GE Visual..... yet somehow places 4th in Vis Prof, and 3rd in Vis Analysis. Percussion is way down still, yet Music Analysis is consistently High.

I mean there has to be some crossover right? Or are we just pulling numbers out of our tightly wound rectums?

• Like 4

The best brass judge in DCI, by far, was on the panel tonight. Whatever she scored tonight I have 100% faith in. If Crown's content had been better tonight, she would have scored them as such.

agreed - she is excellent.

So the Devs make a HUGE jump on color guard in a couple of days?

Yeah and THAT too.... :rolleyes:

This is actually very important to keep in mind.

In fact, I have Crown in 2nd in Brass Content myself. The only difference is I have Cadets in 1st and BD in 3rd there.

Keep in mind, this was based on San Antonio, which was the only show I went to live. I haven't seen any changes since.

There's a couple of thinking bodies right there! I agree with the sentiment that Crown are fielding one of the best brass lines ever, especially with that organ sound. I don't agree that they're miles ahead of their competition, nor do I think they deserve to take brass without earning it.

This is actually very important to keep in mind.

In fact, I have Crown in 2nd in Brass Content myself. The only difference is I have Cadets in 1st and BD in 3rd there.

Keep in mind, this was based on San Antonio, which was the only show I went to live. I haven't seen any changes since.

Agreed. I honestly think this all could end up with Cadets in 1st, BD 2nd and Crown in 3rd. If Cadets keep improving, they could pass both hornlines. The most musical cadets line in years and wouldn't that be a shocker come finals week!

I don't think that CC's drumline is getting worse, I just think as the other lines are getting cleaner, the lack of content is being noticed more and more at this point in the season. Yet again, the Crown drumline WILL cost them come Finals night...

Indeed they are getting better, but so are the 5 or 6 lines that are going to outscore them for the remainder of the year.

I think Crown still needs to work on that ending. It wasn't clean tonight, and it just seems sooooo slow. They have a higher tempo on Also Spracht in the opener, they could at least use that tempo, or even better, crank it up for the closer. I hope there are more changes in store; because it's an improvement but not a big enough one to vault up to the top.

• Like 1

Called it