Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever try squatting and walking backwards at the same time? Now try it with a full-length red cape on!

Well, it didn't happen to me, but it happen to my sister during the Crossmen Drum Solo Tico-Tico in '78-- she landed flat on her backside.

My other sister lost her mouthpiece when she snapped her horn down right after warm up; it flew right out of her horn and had to fake the entire show.

The only thing that I did that was weird was march in black socks and no shoes. Because I had both my big toes operated on when I was 16. That was weird, I guess.

Edited by xbones7480

Did you ever try squatting and walking backwards at the same time? Now try it with a full-length red cape on!

Well, it didn't happen to me, but it happen to my sister during the Crossmen Drum Solo Tico-Tico in '78-- she landed flat on her backside.

My other sister lost her mouthpiece when she snapped her horn down right after warm up; it flew right out of her horn and had to fake the entire show.

The only thing that I did that was weird was march in black socks and no shoes. Because I had both my big toes operated on when I was 16. That was weird, I guess.

I remember doing a parade somewhere, when the drumline did the roll-off, horns snapped up and some bozo's mouth piece flew out and down the drain in the middle of the street! Oh, the sound of metal hitting the concrete! B)

I remember doing a parade somewhere, when the drumline did the roll-off, horns snapped up and some bozo's mouth piece flew out and down the drain in the middle of the street! Oh, the sound of metal hitting the concrete! B)

In the hornline, we call this an "easy" parade. hee!

Well, this wasn't my favorite, but this summer...our (Madison Alumni Corps) big show

at semi-finals. We are marching out in the 2 company fronts (a move we

practiced over and over and over) and at about the 35 yard line, I get

out of step!!! I recovered quick with a little shuffle, but it sucked. I was

certain that the whole world saw it...but I've watched several different

videos and thank God it's not visable! Anyway, the rest of the show was awesome,

but my "visual solo" bummed me out. I told one of the guys after and he

said "Well here, have a beer" (Thanks Roger)

Back in the day when I marched, if that same thing had happened I know

several vets that would have been more than happy to "re-initiate" me!

Edited by madalumni

We had aguy who will remain nameless (Long Island) who forgot his black socks and all spares were being used. We ended up taping his ankles with black plastic electrical tape. Probably not too comfortable.

I've got to say the fracks in '89 SCV are pretty funny. That's one of the most watched shows and everybody has heard the fracks and everybody says, "dang that sucked" i don't though... the show freaking rocks

-Weedy

• 2 weeks later...
I've got to say the fracks in '89 SCV are pretty funny. That's one of the most watched shows and everybody has heard the fracks and everybody says, "dang that sucked" i don't though... the show freaking rocks

-Weedy

Like the Sop solo crack? hehe...