If BD Wins, We Riot!

Jeez Louise. Someone here definitely protests too much and definitely has to have the last word. To top it off the signature line is the epitome of irony.

How sad.

I was there.....the boos weren't at the Blue Devils....they were for the judges !! Crown was great and entertaining!!!, something BD hasn't been in years, and I am a BD fan!!!!! BD has to stop playing to the judges and start playing to the people who buy the tickets!!

BD fan says he's a BD fan.

BD fan meet the other BD fans.

I don't see much of this at all. I see lots of variety in styles, shows, music, instrumentation, marching styles and techniques, props, visuals, unis, etc in DCI with the other Corps. BD even has a few wringles in aspects of their show design that initially came from others, and not developed by them alone first.

Funny you mention PROPS.

Seems like everyone and their mother has props this year, which is a pretty new thing, that BD made popular in Drum Corps...

I just see the activity become more and more homogenized to match design elements from the "winner"

Used to be we were complaining about chop-n-bop, now it's the mashup/montage, which BD started.

Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, Madison, Cavaliers, Boston, Blue Knights, and a bunch of other corps are doing some form of it...

Edited by jjeffeory

Funny you mention PROPS.

Seems like everyone and their mother has props this year, which is a pretty new thing.

I just see the activity become more and more homogenized.

Used to be we were complaining about chop-n-bop, now it's the mashup/montage, which BD started.

Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, Madison, Cavaliers, Boston, Blue Knights, and a bunch of other corps are doing some form of it...

Watch 1987 SCV

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe BD gets credit for the mashup/montage. IIRC, The Cadets were doing it at least as early as 1984 with their West Side Story show and 1989 with Les Mis.

Watch 1987 SCV

Watch SCV 1986...

Star '86 and '87 has some props too, but that was one or two corps.

A one off year for props is certainly NOT a trend. Two-thirds of all corps using props is a trend...

Edited by jjeffeory

Heck, watch 1986 SCV.

Heh, that's what I said too... tongue.gifthumbup.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe BD gets credit for the mashup/montage. IIRC, The Cadets were doing it at least as early as 1984 with their West Side Story show and 1989 with Les Mis.

I don't think 1984 was like the current trend.

Also, That wonderful 1989 mashup ( written by Robert Smith for the Les Mis show, right?) was something that had to be explained to the judges, and it was a one off. It was certainly different than how mashups are done today. So around 25 years later, every corps is doing them after BD started them up again in what, 2010???