I predict a Riot – Kaiser Chiefs

Riot – Dead Kennedys

London's Burning/ White Riot – Clash

Teenage Riot – Sonic Youth

F**K You – D.O.A.

April 29, 1992 – Sublime

rodney king / what's that noise - the Boo Radleys

Kumbaya – Peter Paul and Mary

This is absolute perfection. Although, I think the last song would actually be "I'm Alright" by Kenny Logins, from the Caddyshack soundtrack. haha...and they would have a prop of a little dancing gopher...:thumbup:/>

I was there.....the boos weren't at the Blue Devils....they were for the judges !!

So go explain to the kids in BD: "sorry, we weren't booing you, we're calling out the judges because Crown was better than you and everybody knows it, but they put you in first place because they're incompetent/because they're puppets of Gibbs and Hopkins/because DCI is trying to destroy the activity/because back when you guys played jazz and blah blah blah..." I'm certain that once you put it to them in those terms they'll understand. They might even give the trophy to Crown as gesture of good will.

It's a lame justification for tacky, low-budget behavior. Please, stop already.

Peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5
  • Like 3

Blue Devils Announce their 2014 Program “Riot”

with music from

I predict a Riot – Kaiser Chiefs

Riot – Dead Kennedys

London’s Burning/ White Riot – Clash

Teenage Riot – Sonic Youth

F**K You – D.O.A.

April 29, 1992 – Sublime

rodney king / what’s that noise - the Boo Radleys

Kumbaya – Peter Paul and Mary

Or for more of an old-school/classical flavor, program a show based on the album "There's a Riot Goin' On" by Sly and the Family Stone.

Regards,

Fred O.

And what I predicted to happen has happen: the ranks of touring corps, and participants, have continued to shrink.

Um...corps, both touring (that is, national caliber) and local, have folded for decades....starting before DCI ever came along.

Hey, that's what I've been told by several people here today on DCP...

I must be making things up or seeing things.

The difference is you're pretending that BD is the SOURCE for all of it, when in fact, they're just part of the evolution of effective prop usage that goes back decades. Whether it was "one-off" for a corps as you say or not is irrelevant...when a corps uses them and does so effectively, it then becomes part of the drum corps design paradigm of "tools in the box."

Really? The number of corps was shrinking well before the G7 ever existed.

True, but rather than propose ways to help stop corps from folding or start new ones to replace the folded corps, both of which were part of the DCI business plan that had *just* been adopted in 2009, the G7 in 2010 proposed dropping support entirely for Open Class and cutting payments for most of WC while upping their own share of the revenue.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

Pray tell, what is the source of all the props this year then?

What is the importance of the SOURCE when we all know props have been used by many different corps over the years? THAT is the source. Some years, the corps use lots of props. Some years, they don't. Some years, prop usage is not only common but the props are large and plentiful for a single show. Some years, prop usage is more subtle and not so much the focus. Who cares? I just don't understand why it matters what or who the source is. Even though there have been several examples listed (by yourself and others) of props being used by several different corps rather effectively over the years, you seem to be implying that ALL of the corps who are using them this year decided en masse during the off season, "Well, BD won with props last year so we have to use props this year." Please tell me that you don't honestly believe that.