If BD Wins, We Riot!

No, more like 99.9%. The only way they won't win is if they have a bad run-through next Saturday night. But don't count on it. They have a full point lead on CC with 9 days left to go, and CC is not going to reel them in. Not going to happen.

Oh, great Swammie, knower of all, prognosticator extraordinaire, please tell me: At what value will the stock market close on Friday, August 10th?

They will pick up another title next weekend, and that's that. And everyone who wants to see CC - or any new corps - win a title, will just have to wait until next year. Again, it has been 17 years since we have had a new first-time champion. And next year it will be 18 years.

Well, that amazing display of math abilities certainly adds credibility and weight to your claims. {/sarcasm}

The really sad thing? I would only give CC maybe a 5% chance of winning next year, and maybe a 2% chance for the Cadets. No one else has a shot. And indeed, only about 7-8 corps today have any shot of winning a future title, ever. Yes, the competitive landscape has become that unbalanced. It is really sickening, and it is one of the reasons why I have stopped following and supporting this activity. I have completely punched out.

So, after being completely "punched out" of the activity for who knows how long, you still claim to have specific knowledge about what will happen 10 days from now? Wow, you are REALLY good, eh?

The situation is disgusting, but this is the result of the financial and legislative decisions that DCI has made over the past 20 years. I don't know if this what Acheson & Co. wanted - but they got what they deserved.

Jeesh, bitter much?

I still say that Crown wins on Saturday 100%. Not because they are better but because DCI can then have another 2008 finals. They are close enough to first that bumping their percussion score up a couple spots on Saturday and dumping BD a bit in guard or some random category will be enough to put them in 1st without looking totally like it was a setup to get the honks to go crazy like they did in 2008 when the wrong show won.

Last year was gonna be the next 2008 but the BD show was just way too far beyond Crown's show design and performance wise that it would have looked too obvious if they won that it was a setup to get the current "fan favorite" to win. You will see. Crown wins Saturday and their percussion gets no lower than 3rd despite being a bag of ###.

• Like 3

The situation is disgusting, but this is the result of the financial and legislative decisions that DCI has made over the past 20 years. I don't know if this what Acheson & Co. wanted - but they got what they deserved.

So the past twenty years brings us back to 1993. Which means there was 21 years prior to that which DCI did things that I guess you think was better. You remember those 21 years from 1972-1992, when the title was shared by only seven corps. For the most part, it was either BD, SCV, or Cadets, who between them won SIXTEEN of those 21 titles. Yeah, those were the days. Why can't things be like that NOW? rolleyes.gif

Why do you insist on characterizing people as angry or as extremists of some sort that lie awake at night plotting of how they can dethrone your champions? Of all the people on here you are the most sectarian. If someone doesn't praise your beloved Blue Devils then you tack on your labels. I'm not an enemy or a fangirl of any particular corps.

Perceptions are real I suppose. Believe me when I tell you that I could give two ##### if you or anyone praises BD or not. The only time I'll reply negatively is when you go beyond the pale....which you did in this thread. Your original benign comments morphed into something mean and unnecessary. You are free to make those accusations, but don't accuse me of being sectarian if I challenge you. I did the same thing on another thread when several posters were criticizing Madison for their handling of "the fallen" on the battlefield. Most of that conversation was civil and I think I was able to add a dimension of military perspective in the Scouts favor. But I wasn't sectarian.

Like or dislike BD....I don't give a ####......hell, my wife thought BD 2010 was weird (and that was her kid on field), so what? I think if you go back and look, you'll find that I only challenge the very nasty things that I know to be false. And I think that's pretty civilized and appropriate. And you still haven't answered my question about why you need to criticize a drum corps show to the degree you and other do? Nor did you answer honestly if you would be this upset if BD was placing 5th or 6th. Because that (IMO) is what this is all about! Period! It's that 2nd place announcement and someone else beating BD that sets the emotional drive in this. Not for all, but for plenty of fans. Put BD way back in the pack out of the top 3 and it will be all about the winning corps....which is what it should always be.

• Like 2

I still say that Crown wins on Saturday 100%. Not because they are better but because DCI can then have another 2008 finals. They are close enough to first that bumping their percussion score up a couple spots on Saturday and dumping BD a bit in guard or some random category will be enough to put them in 1st without looking totally like it was a setup to get the honks to go crazy like they did in 2008 when the wrong show won.

Last year was gonna be the next 2008 but the BD show was just way too far beyond Crown's show design and performance wise that it would have looked too obvious if they won that it was a setup to get the current "fan favorite" to win. You will see. Crown wins Saturday and their percussion gets no lower than 3rd despite being a bag of ###.

Just imagine how many DCI titles the Blue Devils would have won if... as you are implying here.... DCI did not fix it so some other Corps won it that year. But actually, I don't buy this " DCI judges are anti Blue Devils " stuff at all. Its nonsense. If anything, the current DCI judges ( some of whom have been judging for over 40 years now )actually like the show staff of the Blue Devils and if anything tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Its akin to the NBA where the superstars tend to get the refs call when its a superstar vs. an opposing bench player and they both are involved in either the offensive charging call or the defensive touching call. Or a prize fight between the current Champion vs. a Contender. The Contender pretty much has to KO the Champ to win. If its a draw and it goes to points, the Contender usually then is SOOL.

Edited by BRASSO

Just imagine how many DCI titles the Blue Devils would have won if... as you are implying here.... DCI did not fix it so some other Corps won it that year. But actually, I don't buy this " DCI judges are anti Blue Devils " stuff at all. Its nonsense. If anything, the current DCI judges ( some of whom have been judging for over 40 years now )actually like the show staff of the Blue Devils and if anything tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Its akin to the NBA where the superstars tend to get the refs call when its a superstar vs. an opposing bench player and they both are involved in either the offensive charging call or the defensive touching call. Or a prize fight between the current Champion vs. a Contender. The Contender pretty much has to KO the Champ to win. If its a draw and it goes to points, the Contender usually then is SOOL.

Hey, I was trying to go completely opposite to the usual judges are screwing Crown and Madison angle! I don't believe it either, just trying show ppl how stupid they sound with the conspiracy theory crap!

• Like 1

There's no need to explain it to these adults, because they're not idiots. Everyone knows what/who the booing is aimed out regardless of how many threads BD fans jump into and try and say the kids will think its aimed towards them.

And there's no excuse for childish, boorish behavior, catcalling ls though Snidely Whiplash had just come on stage, no matter how many people keep trying to spin it as a justifiable response.

You are correct, the kids are not idiots. They deserve better treatment.

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5
  • Like 1

Like or dislike BD....I don't give a ####[/

Thats fine too... then simply have your future posts reflect this when someone says anything remotely unflattering regarding the Blue Devils. If you don't care what people express about the Blue Devils, good, bad, or indifferent, then mean it, and don't get so worked up and angry about it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

C'mon, cut it out with the smoke-filled room conspiracy stuff.

Fred O.

I see from a subsequent post that you were going at it tongue-in-cheek, yes? If so, then in the words of Emily Litella, never mind :rolleyes:

Edited by drumno5

I think this is accurate. The only oops in oil is a weaker CC percussion section..and 4 very strong lines in front of them. CC has to utterly dominate GE, because BD will challenge them for Viz, Brass and Guard....as will a surging Cadets and SCV. Again, I think DCI is drooling over the possibility of 2008 redux....but this one won't have nearly the fan pull that PR had in 2008.