2014 Predictions!

I've seen Phantom and Cavaliers quite a bit and to be honest if either of them are top 6 I'll be shocked.

I agree. After what I saw last night, both need a LOT of work to enhance their shows. Cavies have a bit more potential but must fix a bad brass line. Phantom has good sounding brass, but must fix percussion and GE impact issues. The door is wide open for Madison, Boston, maybe even Spirit and a few others. Any chance that Cavaliers or Phantom can beat Bluecoats, SCV, BD, Crown, or Cadets is just NOT possible.

I agree that the competition to make Finals, Top12 will once again be a matter of just a few tenths of a point, and will be among several Corps with a legitimate shot. I definately think Troopers will be right in the hunt for Finals this season. For their first show last nite, that was a good showing from the Troopers, imo

Edited by BRASSO

I agree. After what I saw last night, both need a LOT of work to enhance their shows. Cavies have a bit more potential but must fix a bad brass line. Phantom has good sounding brass, but must fix percussion and GE impact issues. The door is wide open for Madison, Boston, maybe even Spirit and a few others. Any chance that Cavaliers or Phantom can beat Bluecoats, SCV, BD, Crown, or Cadets is just NOT possible.

Only if you believe no one can get better or there is slotting. Anything is possible.

Yes, I'd fully agree with this early season assessment too.

I'm actually going to put Madison in the top 5 after what I've seen and heard from last year's top 9, minus Boston and Bluecoats, which I need to see/hear.

btw, there are some standstill video's of Madison on a free video site out there.

btw, there are some standstill video's of Madison on a free video site out there.

Could you link it, if I cut you a check right now for $5,000 ?

Only if you believe no one can get better or there is slotting. Anything is possible.

Well, of course anything is "possible." Pioneer could medal this year. But the likelyhood of that is slim. Phantom and Cavies could beat those corps, but that's also under the assumption that the listed corps are having the same problems/won't progress at the same rate as them.

That's assuming you have far to go to be "clean". Pretty crazy to be calling top corps when some even haven't been seen. Seems just a tad over the top to start slotting already.

• Like 1

Wait a minute,... I said that " I'd cut you a check for $5,000 ". I never promised anyone cash or that the check would CLEAR.

Edited by BRASSO