Predictions for 2014

In previous years, BD has been dangerous the year after they lose...so I guess there's that. But history is usually a great indication of the past.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

Crown goes the season undefeated and by the end of July, embody hates them.

Yeah, that's not how that works. People hate BD because they perform boring shows and pander to the judging sheets. If they went out and threw down everyone would still love them, even if they were undefeated for 5+ years. Pleasing the crowd and earning high scores don't have to be mutually exclusive. It's amazing that the staff in Concord can't figure that out. They could have their cake and eat it too...

• Like 7

I think now that Crown's won they're going to attract a lot of new folks and hopefully some good percussionists, making them better and starting this positive feedback loop (it seemed to start last year and maybe even in 2011, but they've been growing incredibly quickly). Of course, it also depends on their age-outs and how many they have.

Also, Troopers will rise again >:D

Edited by santacarolinascouts
  • Like 1

ANY BODY BUT CROWN!tongue.gif

CMFC!

Somebody gave me a -? lighten up! It was a joke!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 5

No one renews their Fan Network subscription.

I will, I never have the time to watch the live shows anyway. But you won't be alone unless they do some serious upgrades.

• Like 1

I think now that Crown's won they're going to attract a lot of new folks and hopefully some good percussionists, making them better and starting this positive feedback loop (it seemed to start last year and maybe even in 2011, but they've been growing incredibly quickly). Of course, it also depends on their age-outs and how many they have.

Also, Troopers will rise again >:D

Maybe. But IMO, Crown was already at the height of their popularity. I mean, how big of a rock must one be living under if they'd never heard of Carolina Crown before tonight?

Maybe. But IMO, Crown was already at the height of their popularity. I mean, how big of a rock must one be living under if they'd never heard of Carolina Crown before tonight?

I mean, I think it's more of the fact that they actually have a championship now, which may inspire those interested in auditioning to go for them. I feel that the preceding year sets a MAJOR precedent for the following year in terms of recruitment. Regardless, Crown had a great year and can hopefully maintain that momentum and stay near the top for more years to come. It's been incredible watching them grow leaps and bounds over just the past 7 or so years.

Predictions? To borrow from another thread:

Academy rebounds with a show that is decidedly uncute.

Pacific Crest, Oregon Crusaders and Mandarins contend seriously for 12-15.

The roots movement continues as Troop, Xmen, Madison, Spirit, SCV and others reach back into their catalogs and put a modern shine on their personae.

Corollary: Emotion continues its comeback.

Much of the DCI fanbase coalesces, loudly and publicly, around the one or two corps with the best shot at cracking into the top 7

Phantom runs as fast as it can away from the Enchanted Forest.

Timpani almost completely replaced by electronics.

Brass writing continues its ascendancy over percussion in competitive importance.

• Like 3