2013 Cadets percussion

A big congratulations to the Cadets percussion for their win at finals. Wow, wow, wow, what a drumline! These guys and gals can freaking play. This percussion section has set a new standard for percussion excellence in DCI! Great job Colin McNutt for an amazing book and great teaching. I spent many hours watching this amazing group of performers rehearse over the season; I will miss this special group! :worthy:

• Like 8

I know that one win in the last few years does not a trend make, but I'm glad to see Cadets start to challenge for some caption awards again. Brass was in the top 3 pretty much all season. Just need to get the color guard back to where they were in the 90s.

Need to get that visual program honed again as well. :)

• Like 1

Here, here! They were fabulous, no doubt. I think many on here felt that from the beginning of the summer the Cadets percussion was going to be tough to beat. SCV and BD were certainly no slouches and I congratulate them as well on some tasty writing and playing. How about the Bluecoats line? Love them! I also must mention that I was somewhat in awe at how good Boston's line was this summer. So sad they peaked (as a whole corps) just a little late. I really thought they were the 7th best total corps on the field.

• Like 2

Here, here! They were fabulous, no doubt. I think many on here felt that from the beginning of the summer the Cadets percussion was going to be tough to beat. SCV and BD were certainly no slouches and I congratulate them as well on some tasty writing and playing. How about the Bluecoats line? Love them! I also must mention that I was somewhat in awe at how good Boston's line was this summer. So sad they peaked (as a whole corps) just a little late. I really thought they were the 7th best total corps on the field.

I agree about Bluecoats percussion. Rarick has done a great job with them...they have been very good for several years. Come to think of it, Bluecoats brass and percussion have both been very good recently!

2013 will most likely be remembered for Carolina Crown's brass section, and deservedly so, but those of us that lean to the percussive side of DRUM and bugle corps will remember it for the outstanding drum lines.

Crown's drum line had fingers pointed at them all year as the "weakness" of the corps, but in many other years that group of percussionist would have been closer to the top.

Indeed congratulations to the Cadets for coming out #1. The top 4 with them, BD, SCV, and Bluecoats have been outstanding for the past few years. Added to the mix this year were much improved lines from Madison, Boston, and Cavies...and an actually very good line with Crown that just had the added challenge of being compared to that unbelievable brass all season.

I believe the 2013 Cadets drumline stands amongst the greatest of all times. My only complaint about them would be the Sahara-dry snare tuning.

• Like 1

Need to get that visual program honed again as well. :)

Or get rid of the props. Watching the last three shows of the week, Cadets had cleaner feet and technique than any of the top three, definitely not a 4th place visual score if it was judged without accounting for props forms and movement.

• Like 1

Or get rid of the props. Watching the last three shows of the week, Cadets had cleaner feet and technique than any of the top three, definitely not a 4th place visual score if it was judged without accounting for props forms and movement.

EXACTLY.

Regardless - big CONGRATS to Cadets percussion - OUTSTANDING this year and loved watching and listening to you guys all season!! Great job. :worthy:

• Like 1