How much did CADETS TOWERS cost their final score and placement

Maybe if they had fewer towers that would have helped? Or shorter towers?

Is it just me or are other people thinking of the Stonehenge prop in "This Is Spinal Tap" right now?

• Like 3

Is it just me or are other people thinking of the Stonehenge prop in "This Is Spinal Tap" right now?

That would've been AWESOME!! The towers are only, like, a foot tall and in a panic Cadets ONLY accept membership of little people. Twelve to Five marching looks like jazz running, and Cadets score off-the-charts in effect, creating awesome scope & perspective. :tongue:

Canopies, curtains, drapes, towers, "Port-a-johns on wheels," the props of Cadets had many names. When I saw Cadets on the Big Screen in June and then live in Quincy I thought we'd see Cadets as more of a contender, even changing my prediction regarding Crown, which I later changed back. For me, the towers were effective, especially at moments where they made the horn line look much larger and the points where the drum line emerged. The towers could be effective, but were also prone to wind gusts as I witnessed in Lynn in July.

I thought musically Cadets were exhilarating, especially the percussion and since they won in that category, I was in agreement with the judges. They also had a very good drill but I think they began a strong but as the season progressed and other corps strengthened visually, Cadets did not seem to keep pace even tho0ugh they did make some significant changes. Yet as I thought about this post, I did realize something about Cadets' show this year that was different from past shows. Usually there are memorable guard moves or the guard art least stands out a bit more. Perhaps so much moving of the towers may have kept some of their distinctive guard work at a minimum, or over shadowed it a bit.

• Like 1

Except when the towers were constructed from the blueprints, the builders misread " for '. :w00t:

Hey don't give the guard all the credit. The AWARD WINNING drum line also lugged the towers (and their drums) around in part of the show.

Ha! Good point! However, wouldn't the AWARD WINNING DRUMLINE be conditioned to lugging heavy stuff around the field?

Hey don't give the guard all the credit. The AWARD WINNING drum line also lugged the towers (and their drums) around in part of the show.

I mentioned that in one of my Indy blogs and asked why the drum line lined up the towers in better-spaced intervals than the guard. Perhaps it was so far out of their normal comfort zone that they were much more in tune with placing the towers in the right spot?

Watching the Cadets show, I thought their performance level was very impressive not to mention a winning percussion and music caption. Their vision caption obviously held them down and I thought their drill was excellent and performed very well. How much of their visual problems were caused by large Towers that were pushed around by guard members that then had to jump back into the show and move, toss and spin? Secondly, how many tenths do you think this hurt them in overall score?

Third was a gift. With or without the towers, it should have been fourth.

• Like 1

Third was a gift. With or without the towers, it should have been fourth.

:thumbup:

The towers probably made the drill more difficult, by blocking members' views of each other and making it likelier that forms would get slightly out of alignment. This was easiest to notice in the unjudged (and unidentified) preshow, when the guard passes through the line of towers from left to right, acquiring flags in the process. Almost never were the emerging lines completely straight.