So I changed my mind

wasn't Crown 2007 the horses? one of the cheesiest uses of vocals in DCI...

The entire show was pretty cheesy. But they new that, they sold it, and it worked.

Still one of my favorites from Crown.

• Like 1

Did he not like trashing hotel rooms ???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbup:/>

This was your response to a guy who retired from drum corps 3 years before the incident you discuss. You are a very small person... at least that is most likely what all the gal's say... :devil:

Welcome back ... Drum Corps as a whole missed you! It's great your son is into it too. I managed to get mine to march with me for one season in the Renegades, but he just had other things he wanted to do with his time.

Did he not like trashing hotel rooms ???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbup:

This was your response to a guy who retired from drum corps three years before the incident you discuss. You are a very small person

I'd never even heard of much less seen the Renegades before last year's DCA Finals, and I enjoyed their show very much, even if it did only place tenth. So much so that I bought their shirt. I hope that they return next season.

I agree with OP. I walked away for a couple years too because of Yowza. I still refuse to listen to it and any other cheezy crap for that matter. I was never against amps or synths though because I knew eventually they would get it to sounding good. Yes George Dixon is spot on! They do get a pass for cheese. Not from me though.

"WAAAAHHH! My favorite didn't win, so now I'm going to trash talk Crown. WAAAHHH!"

- George Dixon

• Like 2

eh - Crown pretty much gets an instant pass on everything. If BD did the same voice over they would get crucified. Same with Cadets. It is what is is - they are the "new darling" - if they win a few more times it will be quite different.

Where have you been? From 2004 to 2013, they have gotten their fair share of negative feedback for vocals, in proportion to their usage. We just had a thread created post-season to bash the spoken parts in the ballad. They get no "pass" here.

• Like 1

Where have you been? From 2004 to 2013, they have gotten their fair share of negative feedback for vocals, in proportion to their usage. We just had a thread created post-season to bash the spoken parts in the ballad. They get no "pass" here.

Though I agree that CC this year got hammered on DCP for some design features of their show .....be honest....you didn't hear the level of hyperbole that was pointed at BD (08-13) or Cadets (07-08)? I'm not requesting the trashing any corps ....quite the contrary...but, I'm just suggesting that George is mostly accurate in his statement.

Back to the topic...I applaud the OP. There's lots of room for different in DCI, and if we just give design ideas a chance without over-reacting.. we might learn to like it....and maybe even love it!

• Like 2

Yeah, that's how felt when Ashton Kutcher joined TWO AND A HALF MEN, I thought, "It's going to be terrible now". But I was proved wrong, and I still thoroughly enjoy watching it.

eh - Crown pretty much gets an instant pass on everything. If BD did the same voice over they would get crucified. Same with Cadets. It is what is is - they are the "new darling" - if they win a few more times it will be quite different.

Exactly what I was thinking!

I still can't get over how awesome their hornline sounds year after year.