Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

In which post did someone say to stop posting? I see some where people say they think it is too early to form an opinion or to keep an open mind, which is not the same thing.

BTW...how can you disagree with something you have not yet seen/heard from the corps?

But it's so much more effective to simply insert/replace words as necessary to justify my rant :mad: </sarcasm>

Edited by corpsband

But it's so much more effective to simply insert/replace words as necessary to justify my rant :mad:

Don't sell yourself short. You're not that bad at it, imo.

What's the point of a forum if you want everyone you disagree with to stop posting? Seems silly to me. Must be the in thing, we are afraid to debate so lets shut it down. What is this, a university commencement?

no, cable news

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'll fire the convo back up. The scouts will not disappoint this year just watched 3 min of video and I now see why they needed trumpets that could play gg consistently. Not sure what tune it was I'll have to research and listen a few more times but they were uptempo and reminded me a little of the old Scout's. I also didn't hear much goo from the amps. Drill looked fast paced and lots of movement going on vid wasnt taken high enough to judge how clean it was but no worries. Can't wait to see them in the theaters soon that as close to a show as I will be getting this year. On a side not I've scene bd,phantom,cadets,crossman,Boston all play there music books and they lack excitement in comparison to Madison.

Edited by Runitagain
  • Like 2

I guess I'll fire the convo back up. The scouts will not disappoint this year just watched 3 min of video and I now see why they needed trumpets that could play gg consistently. Not sure what tune it was I'll have to research and listen a few more times but they were uptempo and reminded me a little of the old Scout's. I also didn't hear much goo from the amps. Drill looked fast paced and lots of movement going on bid was high enough to judge how clean it was but no worries. Can't wait to see them in the theaters soon that as close to a show as I will be getting this year. On a side not I've scene bd,phantom,cadets,crossman,Boston all play there music books and they lack excitement in comparison to Madison.

Where is this video you speak of? I'm sure many like myself would love to see it!

My sister took video at whitewater I'm sure scouts don't want anything released yet. plus I'm not sure how I would get it off Facebook onto here

Edited by Runitagain
  • Like 1

My sister took video at whitewater I'm sure scouts don't want anything released yet. plus I'm not sure how I would get it off Facebook onto he

I'm sure they will release some video snippets from dress rehearsal this coming Wednesday. Maybe some cool drone footage! And in just

over a week, I will be road-tripping back to Madtown to see Drums on Parade live....not to mention participate in the first rehearsal for

our Corps of Brothers Macy's performance!

I'm sure they will release some video snippets from dress rehearsal this coming Wednesday. Maybe some cool drone footage! And in just

over a week, I will be road-tripping back to Madtown to see Drums on Parade live....not to mention participate in the first rehearsal for

our Corps of Brothers Macy's performance!

Well they better! I'm tired of all this secrecy b.s. these days. Just tell or show us what you're doing for chrissakes! And another thing

the rumored unifrom change for the scouts had better not look cheezy as I think it sounds like or I shall be quite put out!

Well they better! I'm tired of all this secrecy b.s. these days. Just tell or show us what you're doing for chrissakes! And another thing

the rumored unifrom change for the scouts had better not look cheezy as I think it sounds like or I shall be quite put out!

They better, or what? Why do they have to tell you? Are you an alum that has donated a bunch of time, money, and resources? Are you this upset with Boston, Blue Stars, the Cavaliers, etc. that haven't given much, if anything?

As for the uniform rumors, I hope you have good sources, and if you're that concerned, take a look at Phantom's new units. Scouts will be fine.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1