Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

As an individual thing they're actually kinda cool. Unfortunately as a group ensemble it really doesn't work very well. Much like the 08=09 and 10-13 unis it just doesn't lend itself well to the visual aspect of drum corps. I think they were meant to elude back to the 83-84 uniforms.

51cd980307dd4.preview-620.jpg

The real crime here isn't the uniform; it's that trumpet player's slide technique in the background. Crikey.

They're going to bring out sparkly green sequin spats for finals. Just to make FlamMan happy. :shutup:

YES!

To be honest, I really, really, miss these uniforms.

Scouts-Cymbal-Line-Swashbuckling.jpg

I really miss the cymbal line too...

Regarding talk about corps losing their identity related to uniform, I don't think any other corps has had more difference in uniform in the last 10 years than Madison. If they went back to the mid 90's uniform, they would instantly regain something they haven't had in a long time.

Yup. Waaaay too many uniform changes. Just pick a uni & stick with it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can think of other years in the 90's where that may have helped as well.

But, there I go again, remembering what I saw and is still very obvious on video.

It was in reference to spats, ###hat.

Yup. Waaaay too many uniform changes. Just pick a uni & stick with it.

It's almost as if the entire history of the Madison Scouts drum corps has been to change their uniforms, right?

1940's until today…?!?!

Edited by Cop

It's almost as if the entire history of the Madison Scouts drum corps has been to change their uniforms, right?

1940's until today…?!?!

Maybe someone will research this, but I would guess that Madison has had more uniform changes in the last 20 years than they did in their first 55 years.

I fell asleep when i tried to watch it, MS have yet to put on a show that impressed me in any form.

I fell asleep when i tried to watch it, MS have yet to put on a show that impressed me in any form.

You should probably watch the Madison shows from 1975, 1981, 1988 & 1995 & get back to us.

• Like 1