Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

I know im in the minority because i like the 06 uniform

You just may have to walk alone with that one. :ninja:

I know im in the minority because i like the 06 uniform

As an individual thing they're actually kinda cool. Unfortunately as a group ensemble it really doesn't work very well. Much like the 08=09 and 10-13 unis it just doesn't lend itself well to the visual aspect of drum corps. I think they were meant to elude back to the 83-84 uniforms.

51cd980307dd4.preview-620.jpg

Me too! They could do a cleaned up modern version of this and I would be eternally happy! Or do the classic 80-82 version with long sleeves. I really could go either way

with spats or no spats. The advantage would be just seeing that bad-### look again. The disadvantage would be any tiny little bit of phasing in the feet, any interval or form control issues

could be seen from the next county....those white spats on dark green would be like flashing neon signs pointing to any dirt!

Or (and I'm just throwing this out there) maybe just march better? Interesting concept, I know.

Or (and I'm just throwing this out there) maybe just march better? Interesting concept, I know.

Yeah, I can think of other years in the 90's where that may have helped as well.

But, there I go again, remembering what I saw and is still very obvious on video.

Edited by tesmusic

You just may have to walk alone with that one. :ninja:

At least he didn't say he liked the 07 look...

2007_MadisonScouts_1_pchagnon.jpg

Those '07 unis looked ok up close, but awful from a distance. I really liked the 2008 ones - didn't care for the giant ribbon they added in 2009. I haven't cared so much for the 2010-2013 shirts/pants. I get it's a return to tradition, but they always made the corps look... I don't know... informal... against the more dudded-up unis from other corps.

Mike

Regarding talk about corps losing their identity related to uniform, I don't think any other corps has had more difference in uniform in the last 10 years than Madison. If they went back to the mid 90's uniform, they would instantly regain something they haven't had in a long time.

Identity is a great word for it. You see Cavies, Cadets and most of the time Phantom..you know who you're looking at. I liken it to a sports team that embraces their traditional look (auburn, bama, usc, dallas cowboys, yankees, cubs, etc) as opposed to teams like Oregon that change their look every year.