Crown Performs for Disney Christmas Parade

The ADHD camera work was also annoying. Is it too much to ask them to focus for just a couple of seconds without having to move the camera?

I love their arrangement of "Carol of the Bells."

If you like this version of " Carol of the Bells" , listen to the Crown show "Bellisimo" , that version of Carol of the Bells is killer.

I applaud nph for calling Crown a Drum & Bugle corps - otherwise they are compared to the likes of Texas A&M and Ohio State.

why not call a car a cruise ship as they are both transport devices

To be honest, most of my friends, former students and people I marched with get a kick out of when someone calls it a band. Doesn't rub us the wrong way, we just kinda laugh a little and say "something like that, sure."

It's when people get super up in arms about their terms of art that we get a genuine chortle. However, the worst two to my eyes are "drum corp" and "drum core."

Clearly you aren't an elitist armchair director, which is a good thing.

• Like 1

If you like this version of " Carol of the Bells" , listen to the Crown show "Bellisimo" , that version of Carol of the Bells is killer.

I applaud nph for calling Crown a Drum & Bugle corps - otherwise they are compared to the likes of Texas A&M and Ohio State.

Your argument would be relevant if someone is either educated in the differences between the cruise ship and car, or have a script as NPH did.

Clearly you aren't an elitist armchair director, which is a good thing.

When 2013's prism move in the closer made it to College Humor in the form of a gif, a number of alumni decided to post on the picture and say "hey, this marching band is pretty good - what school do they play for?"

We got quite the response, for sure.

Edited by CrownLeadSop

Bellisimo is one of my favorite shows!

However, regarding the last statement...it is more akin to calling a cruise ship a Carnival Cruise ship when it is really Royal Caribbean.

Even Crown calls themselves the Purple Pants Band.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

Even Crown calls themselves the Purple Pants Band.

It was confirmed on Facebook - Crown said they're not going to be #purplepantsband this summer. I wonder what colors they'll try next? (The undershirt/pants were designed to be interchangable using the same jacket/hat/gloves.)

Mike

What was really annoying about the musical presentations on the Disney show was the constant cheering added in the background for "effect" I suppose. I've heard some recordings taken live in the park and it wasn't totally from the audience.

That, plus it was a 2 hour commercial for all things Disney.

But--Crown did an excellent job and represented DCI like ... well, champs.

I agree. Despite thhe confusion on the nomenclature of the unit, Carolina Crown did themselves and the activity proud. Any time a DCI unit is seen and heard performing on national TV, it can only be viewed as a good thing. This activity desperately needs increased exposure, and Crown provided this yesterday, despite its brief few moments of appearance on national TV.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

It's more like getting angry when people keep calling your sedan a car.

• Like 2

Also, you are saying you don't want D&BC corps to be referred to as bands, yet you use wikipedia's definitions of a "marching band" not a band, as you put in your first line.

The term "bands" covers all types of musical groups from concert bands to a rock band.