The Cadets - 2014

I think Crown will get swept up in "over design" and not pull ahead of Cadets and Coats. However I can see a scenario where coats overtake Cadets and place second behind BD.

I tend to agree with you. Crown doesn't seem to be able to find the fine line of when enough is enough. It's like they have to do everything they know how to do in one show.

Unquestionably they have a powerhouse of a brass line. But there is a point, I think in the first third of the show, that for the sake of note playing, it sounds more like tongueing ( is that a word?) exercises than music.

Edited by eric49

Absolutely FANTASTIC show tonight from Cadets. They were on fire. They did almost everything perfect. FEET WERE FANTASTIC TONIGHT. It was no wonder Cadets took percussion tonight (although they're still missing that 5th tenor). That percussion line was tearing #### up! GO CADETS!!!

• Like 2

agreed. Obvious improvements from the weekend prior when I had seen them

I do think they need to shorten some segments in the middle of the show and do some adding on at the end - the program is a few "wow" moments short of a gold medal quality show right now...

Brass was fantastic & drums really solid. Guard is a big step forward from LY - so it's just up to them to tweak and perfect an already great program

agreed. Obvious improvements from the weekend prior when I had seen them

I do think they need to shorten some segments in the middle of the show and do some adding on at the end - the program is a few "wow" moments short of a gold medal quality show right now...

Brass was fantastic & drums really solid. Guard is a big step forward from LY - so it's just up to them to tweak and perfect an already great program

I have a feeling they will be adding some more stuff by this coming Wednesday. But we shall see.

I think Crown will get swept up in "over design" and not pull ahead of Cadets and Coats. However I can see a scenario where coats overtake Cadets and place second behind BD.

After the show last night in Chester, PA I don't see either corps over-taking the Cadets. This may be a close as they get if the Cadets don't increase the spread once they start adding all those planned additions. Here's a crazy thought....I was talking with a gentlemen after the show and he actually has Bluecoats finishing 5th come Indy. I gasped like some of you may be doing right now.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I have a feeling they will be adding some more stuff by this coming Wednesday. But we shall see.

I was hoping that as well but I heard yesterday hanging around at rehearsal they are holding off for a couple more days. I guess they want to get a read on where they stand after they meet up with BD on Wednesday. It's all ready but they are picking when they add those additions.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Absolutely FANTASTIC show tonight from Cadets. They were on fire. They did almost everything perfect. FEET WERE FANTASTIC TONIGHT. It was no wonder Cadets took percussion tonight (although they're still missing that 5th tenor). That percussion line was tearing #### up! GO CADETS!!!

Having viewed the sectionals and ensemble rehearsal at Lenape yesterday, it was cool to see that many of the details they attended to made a difference in the solidity of ensemble in the show. It doesn't seem humanly possible to outwork them, and the specificity and efficiency of focus in rehearsal is a veritable clinic....awesome stuff!

Having viewed the sectionals and ensemble rehearsal at Lenape yesterday, it was cool to see that many of the details they attended to made a difference in the solidity of ensemble in the show. It doesn't seem humanly possible to outwork them, and the specificity and efficiency of focus in rehearsal is a veritable clinic....awesome stuff!

Colin's the man.

• Like 1

After the show last night in Chester, PA I don't see either corps over-taking the Cadets. This may be a close as they get if the Cadets don't increase the spread once they start adding all those planned additions. Here's a crazy thought....I was talking with a gentlemen after the show and he actually has Bluecoats finishing 5th come Indy. I gasped like some of you may be doing right now.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

And I imagine there's someone in the world that has BD finishing 7th on their fantasy Drum Corps sheet. Ha!

Anyhow, obviously a BD v. Cadets showdown is going to give us a lot more information. In fact, BD meeting up with the rest of the current "in the running" group (Cadets, Crown, Coats) is my most highly-anticipating match-up of the year. The one blip on the radar that gives me some pause is that Cadets are the closer to over-achieving their visual design than anyone else in their tier. Obviously this is said with full knowledge that sections of the content package will change, as they always do. I don't doubt their ability to move the goal-posts on the show further back.