The Cadets - 2014

There's something amazing about a clean corps in white unis (or atleast the pants). The field looks completely different and the members come off as much taller than they are. I love that effect and it's why I really liked PR 2012.

I'm enjoying this Cadets drill only because of their pants. Is that weird.

Nothing like seeing a bunch of legs move together at once.

Nothing like seeing a bunch of legs move together at once.

Unison leg movement aplenty!

.... if only they still had The Stripe ©

• Like 2

Might just be me, but I've found in recent years that I tend to be ho-hum when I see Saktig's drill being performed early in the season, I don't quite get where the effect is, why I should be impressed. But if/when they get that scissor-leg precision going, there's a big AHA moment where it's cool as hell. The drill is written with that in mind, I'm convinced.

• Like 1

Jeff Saktig... for President!

Then you can do a whole show with just drill and no music... and at the end, be like, "That is what he said...."

• Like 1

There's something amazing about a clean corps in white unis (or atleast the pants). The field looks completely different and the members come off as much taller than they are. I love that effect and it's why I really liked PR 2012.

I'm enjoying this Cadets drill only because of their pants. Is that weird.

Not at all. When they march clean, NOBODY looks better on the field in my opinon. Nobody.

I miss the stripe too!

Back in the day (80s) when I was a bando and first got into corps, lots wore white pants. It was almost like it was expected. Then gradually the black took over. The uniforms are designed so much better now and the fabrics allow them to look sharper, but in the early 90s when everyone started changing to black I hated them and thought they looked dull and the drill was muddy compared to white. Looks like this year there are some others besides cadets who are sporting white pants. Perhaps they're on the comeback!

Edited by Wadep66

When everyone goes black, you go back to white to be different.

In about 15 years, it'll go all the way back around again!

Probably alot, or abunch, or.... I can't think of quite the right word...

I just heard from 2000Cadet's attorneys and, apparently, due to the substantial similarity of terms used, my attempts at term circumvention were insufficient to avoid licensing obligations.

In order to avoid litigation, I will be sending a check for $2 with quickness aplenty. Whoops, $3.