The Cadets - 2014

I think they need 1-2 quotes from each President. It is a narrative component to compliment the musical and visual of each section of the show. In addition, the narrator is interacting with those quotes so I think the concept is correct but I wouldn't add more than what they have. They have put tons of thought and time into the narrative component of the show this time around and I think it is working nicely, not perfectly, but nicely.

• Like 1

I think they need 1-2 quotes from each President. It is a narrative component to compliment the musical and visual of each section of the show. In addition, the narrator is interacting with those quotes so I think the concept is correct but I wouldn't add more than what they have. They have put tons of thought and time into the narrative component of the show this time around and I think it is working nicely, not perfectly, but nicely.

What they have now works. The only thing I wish they could "clean out" is the applause noise from the historical recordings

• Like 1

Yep, I agree. With this show, less is better with narration. Ive noticed The Cadets are starting to work with him on gestures, facial expressions so he is exploring the emotions of a third person narrating but being affected by what he is saying. They will continue to tweak and refine. He is becoming a star in his own right. I just wish they would put him in his Cadet uniform. He is a tall, very good looking kid with a great voice. Let him be the Cadet star.

The narrator has been coached by a professional and just like everything else about this show his uniform will probably take some changes as the corps changes. Agree? I think the Cadets are in a great position whether Crown, BD, or Bluecoats catch them. The Cadets have a million ideas to play with as far as this show goes and about the time they get to Indy....watch out; all hell will break loose.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

I wonder if the new additions are going into the show tonight? Too bad they didn't take a week off like Crown and BD to have more time to put them in and clean it up before a show.

I'm liking the idea of the different color uniform accessories.

I know it's corny, but I just think that's a great way to add variety to a classic uniform while keeping with tradition.

• Like 1

What they have now works. The only thing I wish they could "clean out" is the applause noise from the historical recordings

I'm with you on the applause.

I also don't really like the quote about the moon landing program. While that was a major event in JFK's presidency, I don't think it's a particularly inspiring quote. Also, going to the moon (and other things) "because they are hard" is not a great reason to do it...

I'm with you on the applause.

I also don't really like the quote about the moon landing program. While that was a major event in JFK's presidency, I don't think it's a particularly inspiring quote. Also, going to the moon (and other things) "because they are hard" is not a great reason to do it...

I remember having a debate about that exact same quote in high school and what I said back then was I thought it was more to the point that we as Americans can do anything regardless of how hard it is. Whether or not that has something to do with a drum corps show, I can't really tell you lol...

The "because it is hard" fits in well with Cadets philosophy IMO. Sometimes the greatest rewards come from achieving something difficult.

• Like 1

The "because it is hard" fits in well with Cadets philosophy IMO. Sometimes the greatest rewards come from achieving something difficult.

This and the importance of that quote in the context of the Cold War space race in those years. The Soviets beat us to manned space travel, and this 'can-do' spirit was necessary to get us past some of the rocket launch failures and leapfrog the Russians later in that decade. Kennedy asserted that goal with confidence at a time when there was doubt about whether we could actually do it (get to the Moon).

Edited by brichtimp
  • Like 2