The Cadets - 2014

Perhaps, but I'm not sure that even the kids in the Cadets know everything about what is changing yet.

Well, I'll be eagerly anticipating it either way. The current closer comes off a bit anticlimatic over video at the moment.

Can someone explain this to me:

Why is Simple Gifts at the end so... quiet? I can barely hear it. Is it the way it's written? Or is it because they're super spread out on the field? I can't help but compare this closer to SCV 09 and it's disappointing.

They're changing it.

Checking the Recap from last night, it is a real knife fight for brass and percussion at the top, but BD stepped up in GE overall. Of the top four scoring corps, the Cadets are the one with no change to the finale yet. Impressive that Cadets brass held up well vs Devils and Coats...SCV drum book and execution is superb on all counts, although that caption is simply loaded with talent this year among the top 5....Cadets guard is still within range of that BD beast of a guard.

Unlike the previous night, props to the field percussion judge who was a diligent bulldog in tracking, barely avoiding getting nailed several times :-)

Cadets are well aware that they need to add energy and emotion to the show. They have changes ready ready and 3 days at the same facility to add them to the show and continue to clean. GE scores can change quickly. BD is running on all cylinders now. Let's see what goes on in two weeks.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what I DO find freakin funny. I happened to spend a little time reading the thread about Bluecoats and there were some people going ape #### over the fact that they "bended" a pitch over the synth. Those people got p#ssed at some other posters because they didn't really think the whole "pitch bend" was that great. Yet, some of those same posters are on this thread getting annoyed that they're being classified as "haters" because they don't really like Cadets show because they have narration or in their words, it isn't emotional enough.

Like some of you say, different strokes for different folks. Don't go on one thread and get angry at someone for not liking what you like, then go on another thread and get angry because you're being called out for not liking what others' like.

And I am not naming names, but you know exactly who you are.

:fight:

• Like 1

Cadets better get busy or next weekend they'll be in third and the weekend after in fourth or fifth

Trends don't lie, and right now the trends in the recaps aren't looking positive

I certainly hope they have a lot more planned than some feel good finish with big presidential panels and the corps laying down in the middle of the field...

Because IMO that won't keep them ahead of Crown, or Coats as they both clean up - and certainly won't close the gap with BD

Cadets better get busy or next weekend they'll be in third and the weekend after in fourth or fifth

Trends don't lie, and right now the trends in the recaps aren't looking positive

I certainly hope they have a lot more planned than some feel good finish with big presidential panels and the corps laying down in the middle of the field...

Because IMO that won't keep them ahead of Crown, or Coats as they both clean up - and certainly won't close the gap with BD

Cadets are only a few tenths off in brass, drums and guard. So, if they can bring some more musical and visual impact to the end of the show, they can maximize the show's potential this year. May not be enough to get close to BD, however. Coats seem to have fundamental issues in executing a really uniform marching style, and intonation between the brass and synth remains suspect. Hi Cam view this morning revealed that Cadets have about 95% of what they need to take their show from excellent to great.

• Like 1

Bluecoats put in their new ending. Crown made major changes already. Cadets are going to put their changes in this week and they are still seeded for second so I would have a bit more faith in the Cadets. I think they have been very methodical in everything they've done this season. People may not like the show but it is well constructed and performed. One of my "favorite" shows in the past 10 years has been Crown's RACH STAR which wound up .2 from fifth place so stop mixing up popularity contest with drumcorps contests. Edited by theCHEZman