The Cadets - 2014

As long as the ending is better than that dreck BD installed into their program, I'll be happy. Hey, let's stand still for nearly a minute, then meander aimlessly around the field, then stand still again while playing whole notes. Cutting edge stuff there...

C'mon judges! You're rewarding THAT?

Edited by wallace

As long as the ending is better than that dreck BD installed into their program, I'll be happy. Hey, let's stand still for nearly a minute, then meander aimlessly around the field, then stand still again while playing whole notes. Cutting edge stuff there...

The Cadets new ending is very effective. It connects to the audience more. This overall show is very exposed, uber controlled and it needed this. Nice changes Cadets. Dear lord, that guard is exquisite!

It's amazing the irrational exuberance these DCI judges have for BD. They're excellent but come on...Not to mention the 102 they'll get at finals. (Extra credit for sexy guard costumes). Edited by theCHEZman

CHEZman- does it include photo tarps, unfurled flags?

I can wait for the weekend, but lets keep this discussion going.

They pull out the tarps at the end which is just part of the visual and musical excitement. Just a lot of energy in that last few moments vs, before when they stood in that arc for what seemed like 20 minutes playing the final chord. Entire closer was torn apart and rewritten. Narration rewritten and placed at the end of the show. Much more "effect" now plus they extended the final chord where guard throws down equipment and breaks through brass as brass breaks out of final arc. More "loose and emotional'. Changes seamlessly weaved into show so doesn't look like a tagged on new ending. I think you'll love it. Great crowd response at the rehearsal! Edited by theCHEZman

The scatter drill is still there, but they do it during more effective narration and an echo-ey trumpet solo. The tarps are there, and they extend the chord at the end to reach out to the audience more.

It's very much more effective, but some people might complain about a few audio clips being played over Simple Gifts.

The scatter drill is still there, but they do it during more effective narration and an echo-ey trumpet solo. The tarps are there, and they extend the chord at the end to reach out to the audience more.

It's very much more effective, but some people might complain about a few audio clips being played over Simple Gifts.

The show is loaded with narration and audio clips since day one. People that hate that will hate it but the changes are effective and consistent with the artistic integrity of the show. I think the biggest "missing link" was the emotional factor and this has it. Just an aside, they cranked tempos throughout the show and added brass impact where I always thought it lacked. Lastly, this corps is at such I high level of performance it's scary. And that guard is heaven send. Just amazing. Like those great April Gilligan guards of yesteryear.

WAIT they're still doing that stupid scatter drill at the end? I'm fine with scatter drills but if they want an impact and some volume, they need to not be that spread out on the field...

• Like 1