The Cadets - 2014

As long as the ending is better than that dreck BD installed into their program, I'll be happy. Hey, let's stand still for nearly a minute, then meander aimlessly around the field, then stand still again while playing whole notes. Cutting edge stuff there...

C'mon judges! You're rewarding THAT?

I am hoping BD adds a bit more drill to polish it up but musically that ending is phenomenal!

• Like 2

I hope Cadets drop to 4th. BD's show is so much more innovative. Cadets it just a retread with narrration. I agree with the judges so far.

Edited by jmc5682

I hope Cadets drop to 4th. BD's show is so much more innovative. Cadets it just a retread with narrration. I agree with the judges so far.

Then so far you agree The Cadets are in 2nd, and so far that's without dispute.

I don't think you'll find any reasonable person on here, who's seen the shows, to argue that BD shouldn't be in 1st.

It's amazing the irrational exuberance these DCI judges have for BD. They're excellent but come on...Not to mention the 102 they'll get at finals. (Extra credit for sexy guard costumes).

This guy does not agree that BD should be getting rewarded like they have been.

Then so far you agree The Cadets are in 2nd, and so far that's without dispute.

I don't think you'll find any reasonable person on here, who's seen the shows, to argue that BD shouldn't be in 1st.

I do, but I am hoping SCV can clean (despite their white tops) and pass Cadets as well as Bloo. I think Cadets are excellent. I have just had a hard time connecting with them this year.

This guy does not agree that BD should be getting rewarded like they have been.

Not to put words in his mouth, but he still probably thinks BD should be winning.

New ending is NOT run and gun.

But if the show had any sort of connection with you before, it will set those hooks in a little deeper :-)

I got a preview last night. Honestly, the show never entirely grabbed me before with the emotional context but the new ending... It's infectiously emotional. I got massive goosebumps and it made me feel optimistic about America! ...and then I read the News. Lol!

• Like 4

I love the new ending. It isn't "run and gun" at all - just restaged and new music / samples from the old version.

BUT it is highly emotional and ends with some big sustained notes that go on forever in our face and the crowd (maybe 300 folks at their rehearsal like night) lept to their feet and gave a rousing standing ovation

It really pulls together the whole program in a first class manner and ends with that big, emotional moment the show needed

Yes - there are four random Americans on 4 flag back-dropped tarps which get pulled out before the final push - they are on the field literally the last 30-40 seconds and (we were in a low stadium) didn't really add much. The narration talks about how "we" won't let the dream of America die, not now or ever. A government "of the people, by the people and for the people" kind of message - the images just represent "all of us" - so they are fine and the purpose is to add "us" to the football field - and some more "red white and blue"

Don't underestimate the other changes as well - tempo and timing changes that speed the show along and up its impact big time

For folks who hated the program before - they'll still hate it lol - still has narration (which he PERFORMS LIVE BTW) and still has the patriotic feel, especially at the end

But the folks who like the performance before but thought it fell "flat" will appreciate the improved ending and other changes - really kicks the show up a notch!

• Like 1

I got a preview last night. Honestly, the show never entirely grabbed me before with the emotional context but the new ending... It's infectiously emotional. I got massive goosebumps and it made me feel optimistic about America! ...and then I read the News. Lol!

Are you allowed to hint such a thing around here?

I'm excited for the prospect of Cadets shaking things up. As I said before, I have a 'gut' feeling they will win in Allentown. On the downside, I also expect them to drop back down in Indy. There are a couple freight trains coming up behind them!

Yes - there are four random Americans on 4 flag back-dropped tarps which get pulled out before the final push - they are on the field literally the last 30-40 seconds and (we were in a low stadium) didn't really add much. The narration talks about how "we" won't let the dream of America die, not now or ever. A government "of the people, by the people and for the people" kind of message - the images just represent "all of us" - so they are fine and the purpose is to add "us" to the football field - and some more "red white and blue"

Where are these tarps located at? I assume that the guard is the one pulling them out. Do the MM perform on top of the tarps?