We Need To Talk About [CENSORED]...

Overall I think he does a pretty good job. The only complaint I have regarding him is the fact you can tell by his voice who he likes the most before they take the field. I wish he had a more controlled tone for every corps.

I do agree that it is a shame when you have to a have a staff member in the booth signaling when to announce shows. It is almost kind of weird, when the announcer almost becomes a part of the show.

Who announces the BoA Grand Nationals? I know the voice only from video, but I don't like his style at all.

Who announces the BoA Grand Nationals? I know the voice only from video, but I don't like his style at all.

Chuck Henson. I personally happen to love how he announces (I may be biased because I hear it from the field). I don't think he would be a bad replacement, except he would have to work something out with his day job, because he is the traffic anchor for Bay News 9 in Tampa Bay, FL

Edit: I would also like the guy who does WGI (and the early corps during quarters and semis if I am not mistaken)

Edited by MelloMatt

Two words...

JOE BRUNO

Two more words: Vin Scully (hey, we can dream, right? :tongue:)

I know there's a lot of love and affection for Brandt Crocker, who has been a part of DCI for as long as there has been a DCI. But when I listen to a corps play, I want to hear the corps, not a boxing-ring announcer screaming his head off over top of it. It just shatters my nerves, both live and on the recording, to settle into listening to music only to have this grossly distorted yell wipe out what I want to listen to. I am disappointed that this practice is being worked into more shows, and is bound to become more popular now that Crown carefully choreographed it and won. I just want to listen to the music, not obtrusive screaming over the PA system while the corps is playing. Do crowds really like being screamed at, or are they just putting up with this "tradition?"

• Like 1

I don't think DCI needs to replace him at all.

I do think that the whole corps introduction portion of the competition should be reworked. I'm tired of all of these introductions rolling into the beginning of the show. Some of them are a bit awkward.

How about a return to "Is the corps ready? > Drum Major Salute > "Such and Such you may enter the field for competition" > turn on audio/video recording, begin show.

exactly. and while the staff may cue him in real time, til it comes through the PA, there's a lag.

What Garfield said.

I hope it's the same scenario for the DCA guy, too. :ninja::whistle:

yeah but BC avoids the bad jokes and wardrobe LOL

Overall I think he does a pretty good job. The only complaint I have regarding him is the fact you can tell by his voice who he likes the most before they take the field. I wish he had a more controlled tone for every corps.

I do agree that it is a shame when you have to a have a staff member in the booth signaling when to announce shows. It is almost kind of weird, when the announcer almost becomes a part of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZpPoROf7Bo

edit: Link not working

Edited by MelloMatt