Where is DCI headed?

WGI is during the school year

but i guess cant ever say NEVER about anything

right... but I think that DCI and BOA will essentially be the same by then, so DCI will be the independent groups not tied to schools, while BOA groups are obviously still tied to schools

edit: I don't think DCI will be during the fall.

Edited by soccerguy315

right... but I think that DCI and BOA will essentially be the same by then, so DCI will be the independent groups not tied to schools, while BOA groups are obviously still tied to schools

edit: I don't think DCI will be during the fall.

I dont think DCI will be in the fall either...or BOA being in Aug.............as far as being the same ..content wise....probably

If only DCI saw how much smaller drum

Corps will be as a result of all the changes....

connected? well that depends on ones audience.....I dont think if you look at alumni of any All age corps including the most famous ( cabs ) would connect at all to any younger crowd. They bring the past to life for many but also for many there's no connection, Hell I know many in that corps, and alot dont even connect with their own members and some are trying to change that.

Ive heard many say the good old days arent just the 60s and 70s its even the 90s where many of the old timers dont connect to....thats always the problem in our activity....each decade feels theirs was the best and any change or move forward ( or backward ) doesnt make it drum corps. silly!!! and an argument thats has gone on since the beginning and will till the end...nothing new......and that can be said about life in general. Didnt the parents of the 50s think that rock and roll was a fad and wouldnt last?...HMMMMM

The connection I was thinking of is about membership as Jr people have been getting experience in All Age corps for decades now. And also age outs continuing on with All Age, Mini and Alumni. Not to mention staff, volunteers and what ever it is that I can't think of at the moment. Also know a few people who did Alumni corps for various reasons and then went to Jr corps (including at least one Cadet).

Like I said there are connections that many don't realize, and what hurts one will hurt the rest....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The connection I was thinking of is about membership as Jr people have been getting experience in All Age corps for decades now. Not to mention staff, volunteers and what ever it is that I can't think of at the moment. Also know a few people who did Alumni corps for various reasons and then went to Jr corps (including at least one Cadet).

yeah there certainly is much younger members in DCA now a days...alumni corps...well..i'll leave my opinion out on those..they certainly serve a purpose for many

yeah there certainly is much younger members in DCA now a days...alumni corps...well..i'll leave my opinion out on those..they certainly serve a purpose for many

As for All Age/Sr it depended on the corps BITD. The "name" corps were pretty much 21 and over unless there was a real hot shot player. But some of the lesser corps had more minors than is realized today. Westshoremen restarted with about half minors and had a lot of underage people thru the rest of their existence. When my wife and I go to DCA we try to catch the smaller corps (Class A) that will not make Finals. What I see age wise in their ranks brings back a lot of flashbacks.

As for Alumni type, lets just say there are a few that really, repeat really, don't fit the stereotype.

But you have to have connections to these corps to know that......

Edited by JimF-LowBari

As for All Age/Sr it depended on the corps BITD. The "name" corps were pretty much 21 and over unless there was a real hot shot player. But some of the lesser corps had more minors than is realized today. Westshoremen restarted with about half minors and had a lot of underage people thru the rest of their existence. When my wife and I go to DCA we try to catch the smaller corps (Class A) that will not make Finals. What I see age wise in their ranks brings back a lot of flashbacks.

As for Alumni type, lets just say there are a few that really, repeat really, don't fit the stereotype.

But you have to have connections to these corps to know that......

yeah i remember a few corps young but today its very young in most corps.......I remember a conversation with Jim costello ( cabs director ) before Cabs alumni was started and lets just say he was less than enthusiastic about it at that time for many reasons

yeah i remember a few corps young but today its very young in most corps.......I remember a conversation with Jim costello ( cabs director ) before Cabs alumni was started and lets just say he was less than enthusiastic about it at that time for many reasons

Are they really that young or just look that way at our age? :silly: Seriously would be interesting to find out why this has been happening. Might give us clues to why Drum Corps and other activities have declined over the decades.

Thanks for the info about Cabs Alumni, never talked to Cos but respected what he had done over the decades. The reasons would be interesting but not the time or place here.... nor none of my business..... :innocent:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Are they really that young or just look that way at our age? :silly: Seriously would be interesting to find out why this has been happening. Might give us clues to why Drum Corps and other activities have declined over the decades.

Thanks for the info about Cabs Alumni, never talked to Cos but respected what he had done over the decades. The reasons would be interesting but not the time or place here.... nor none of my business..... :innocent:

youre right...not the time and place here BUT yeah all age is much younger Ive taught a long time and when you were in your 40s you were still kinda young in many SR. corps and Im not talking back in the day I mean the 90s and early 2000s now if youre 40 youre ancient in most corps......i think All age is the same drum corps changes. You see the few hang ons from decades ago BUT wont see that in the future..way to many choices in todays world and way more pressure