Most difficult shows

Funny, but seriously watch their guard from 99-present. I'm generally a BD hater, but their guard has had some SICK books in the last 15 years. Watch 99. Watch 03. The list goes on and on.

As much as 05 was a miss overall, the guard work is insane. They had people spinning equipment upside down, hanging off of each other. That's impressive no matter who is watching

Funny, but seriously watch their guard from 99-present. I'm generally a BD hater, but their guard has had some SICK books in the last 15 years. Watch 99. Watch 03. The list goes on and on.

BD always had great Brass, Percussion lines, but when they lost a few titles to the Cavs with the Cavs great Visuals and Guards, and phenomenal Visuals, a decade ago, BD retooled and upped their Visuals. BD has has phenomenal Guard sections the last decade... and its what has propelled them right back into the Title hunt each and every year in this ongoing Visual Age we are currently in, in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

BD always had great Brass, Percussion lines, but when they lost a few titles to the Cavs with the Cavs great Visuals and Guards, and phenomenal Visuals, a decade ago, BD retooled and upped their Visuals. BD has has phenomenal Guard sections the last decade... and its what has propelled them right back into the Title hunt each and every year in this ongoing Visual Age we are currently in, in DCI.

1st place every year since the Cavaliers won guard in 2007. 6 in a row, perfect 20s in 2009, 2010, and 2012, and a lowest finals score of 19.8 in 2011. Pretty #### impressive.

i would like to see any of today's guards attempt the work done by the 1980 27th Lancers.

I think all Guard back then was much more precise. I do understand now that it's more demanding but you really don't see the unison that we had back in the day.

I think all Guard back then was much more precise. I do understand now that it's more demanding but you really don't see the unison that we had back in the day.

we look at things with rose colored glasses...sure it was great for the time....I know I was part of it, more unison? sure , it's all we knew...unison is demanding for sure...BUT we didnt do anything close to what we do today...JMO

Look back at many of the old videos...even those who won.....clearly wasnt as good as we remember ....at times

we look at things with rose colored glasses...sure it was great for the time....I know I was part of it, more unison? sure , it's all we knew...unison is demanding for sure...BUT we didnt do anything close to what we do today...JMO

Look back at many of the old videos...even those who won.....clearly wasnt as good as we remember ....at times

I remember the first show I attended after they changed the rule about dropped equipment (I wasn't aware of the rule change at that point). I was shocked when I saw a guard member drop their rifle and then retrieve it from the ground. I turned to a friend of mine and said "Is she crazy?"

That one change lead a lot of guards to take much greater risks with equipment work. There was some crazy stuff going on in the early 80's - '81 and '82 Cavies were such a hoot to watch.

Just watched that show. Don't think it would be too much of a problem.

I'd like to see the 1980 27th guard attempt some modern BD books.

Individual BD members could probably do the moves. But I bet they could not execute 27's show as cleanly as a unit.

Maybe correct about 27 doing a modern book. Of course, some of them are now great-grandparents...

Individual BD members could probably do the moves. But I bet they could not execute 27's show as cleanly as a unit.

Maybe correct about 27 doing a modern book. Of course, some of them are now great-grandparents...

Other than Utah, I don't know of other areas of this country where great-grand parents are in their mid 50's. :bigsmile:

of course they could..any good cleaner could make it happen. Apply the basics and breakdown of every angle and it can easily be done...No doubt 27 was the best of the best of the time but certainly there were others clean and exciting also . YES it can be done today..

• Like 1