Rain in DCI

The roof on he oil can saved 2012 from being rained off... Warm-up area was moved from the park to the convention centre due to the wet weather.

if you can find it go find the funny youtube footage of how PR got from the warm up area in the convention centre to the field.

The thunderous goo comming out the speakers wasn't the only thunder in town that week.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

The last part of Quarterfinals was rained out in Foxboro in 1994, so the top-8 corps coming into the show were seeded into Semifinals the next day.

I remember that the Cadets, instead of setting up concert arcs like everyone else for a standstill, decided to set up their opening set instead. There was an immediate buzz going throughout the stands like, what are they gonna do?? They wound up marching, if I recall, the first set or two of their West Side Story show, a scatter drill thing which led to a halt and then just parked it there for the rest of the show. A bit of a let down, but cool nonetheless that they did that much.

You mean like in 1993 in Jackson, MS when the Madison Scouts were rained on during Strawberry Soup? Yes.

I think that may be the only time a corps has been rained on during their performance at World Championships finals. QF was rained out partially in Foxborough in '94.

Other years there's been rain problems and rain during the week. Open Class may have been rained out, but not World.

That wasn't rain, that was rainpocalypse. I remember thinking it would screw their show it was coming down so hard but they hyped the hell out of it.

• Like 1

Then there's this famous video from Allentown 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nm5GCyDmr8

rained off and on all night in 2012 on Saturday at Allentown

It was amazing how quickly that torrential downpour came up and left in Jackson. I was in the press box and left the windows open to walk to the next level down during break to get a snack. It came on so fast that when I ran back to close the windows, my notes were soaked. (Fortunately we didn't have laptop computers yet.)

The last part of Quarterfinals was rained out in Foxboro in 1994, so the top-8 corps coming into the show were seeded into Semifinals the next day.

The day after Finals in Kansas City in 1988 was a total deluge that could have seriously impacted Finals had it come a day earlier.

Finale of the inaugural DCI World Championship in 1972 was rained out. Many of the corps found out the scores while sitting in their buses.

started pouring on Cavies at Allentown in 93 too.

Then there's this famous video from Allentown 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nm5GCyDmr8

That was a classic drum corps moment(s)...that I will always remember fondly...they came back to perform again...with a vengeance...

so with domes/roofs, we stay dry and air conditioned but we sacrfice sound.

i'd rather be wet

• Like 2

First thing I thought of as well. Also, I was probably more amused than I should have been that it was Madisonscoutsfan who asked the question...

I have to admit that I was also more than a little amused that someone whose screen name was "Madisonscoutsfan" didn't know that the Madison Scouts was the only corps to be rained on in World class finals in the history of DCI.

First thing I thought of as well. Also, I was probably more amused than I should have been that it was Madisonscoutsfan who asked the question...

First thing I thought of was you guys huddling under that tree before 84 prelims....it was raining then, as I recall (one of the reasons you were late to the gate?)

Drums Along the Rockies in 2011 and 2012. 2011 was mid show, right around the time the Cascades took the field. I remember a very loud boom of thunder and then a lightning bolt right outside the stadium. Shortly after, the skies opened up. Caught the crowd by surprise and soaked everyone as they scurried into the halls at Mile High.

2012 was a slow to steady rain, which had nearly all corps doing a standstill. Really liked hearing Boston's show up close as well as SCV that year. Most memorable, BK came out and marched their show in front of the home crowd. Crowd was electric for them that evening.