Carolina Crown 2014

No Cloverfield reference in the show. I think one of the guard members had a camera on them when it was filmed because it was shaking around which reminded me of Cloverfield.

Just a joke on my part in my previous comment. :-)

If they were really doing a Cloverfield show, the narrator would have to scream "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" at several points during the show. (Heavy overuse of "oh my god" in that movie.)

• Like 1

The snapchats they send to us have video too. It's fair game, in my opinion.

True, however, I'm not sure if they would want videos up on YouTube before the 25th Anniversary celebration/preview show on June 15th...Who knows. The worst they can do is ask you to take it down, but I've searched for video, because I really want to see it before the preview.

It's really cool living only 25 minutes from Crown's Spring Training site.

Tonight in ensemble they were working some segments from the middle of the show. It is obvious the design staff is working hard to create moments were the percussion can shine. I look forward to seeing how the section progresses throughout the season. I only saw what equates to about :45 seconds of the show, but I like what I heard and saw! The section where the entire hornline is playing either trumpet or mello is going to be out of this world! Very cool. I wonder what kind of visual / body movement will get added to this section? Saw some interesting props...I am sure we will see some gravity defying use of them this summer. Looks like there were vocalist mics behind the pit, but I did not see or hear how they are utilized.

• Like 1

I have been asked not to post the pics I took tonight. Here are ten things I can say about this year's show:

1. Will be another strong year for brass (duh). If they can clean it, I can see them winning Ott again for sure.

2. Percussion book is noticeably more challenging this year. It's a little dirty right now but it's May so that's not a big deal.

3. This year they are attempting something that has literally never been done before in DCI. This has been fact checked.

4. There are lots of...objects...on the field for this year's show. Certainly more than in recent years, if not the most ever for Crown.

5. If you liked last year's show, you'll definitely like this one.

6. If you hated last year's show, there's a good chance you won't care for this one either.

7. Some really cool stuff going on in the guard this year. Really cool.

8. Yes, there will be more vocals and sampled sounds. IMO, it adds to the show.

9. This is the type of show that you should only see live. There's so much going on at any given moment in the show, cameras will never do it justice.

10. I don't own a crystal ball, but I can say without a doubt that this show will be a serious title contender.

• Like 1

I have been asked not to post the pics I took tonight. Here are ten things I can say about this year's show:

1. Will be another strong year for brass (duh). If they can clean it, I can see them winning Ott again for sure.

2. Percussion book is noticeably more challenging this year. It's a little dirty right now but it's May so that's not a big deal.

3. This year they are attempting something that has literally never been done before in DCI. This has been fact checked.

4. There are lots of...objects...on the field for this year's show. Certainly more than in recent years, if not the most ever for Crown.

6. If you hated last year's show, there's a good chance you won't care for this one either.

9. This is the type of show that you should only see live. There's so much going on at any given moment in the show, cameras will never do it justice.

10. I don't own a crystal ball, but I can say without a doubt that this show will be a serious title contender.

One question, is it June 15th yet?

• Like 2

Going down the list, I thought I accidentally ended up on the Blue Devils thread. Glad that Crown is adopting BD's style/uniqueness in a way.

• Like 1

Any elaboration?? My friend who went to the camps told me the same thing!

• Like 1

Any elaboration?? My friend who went to the camps told me the same thing!

From what I heard, the specific thing they are planning to do hasn't been done before. That would be true; but the idea has been generally done before. It is a very cool idea. I can't wait to see if they can pull this off.

The section where the entire hornline is playing either trumpet or mello is going to be out of this world! Very cool.

Did I read this correctly??? Interesting and yes, very cool!