Carolina Crown 2014

Seeing this new video I think I like it more. Maybe the costumes and corps uniforms were too new and distracted me the first time. Also I couldn't see the props as much, which might be good, haha. Something I didn't like was the body movement in the drumline when they are playing the mufflers and Earth plates...I know that kind of thing is a "compulsory element" now but it definitely doesn't add much when they are standing behind stands...and just seems like it's there because that's what you do in 2010s drum corps. Maybe some of the brass stuff verges into pointless virtuosity, but I like most of it.

After watching this and BD, I'm blown away by the performance quality of corps these days. I feel like a 5th place corps in 2004 would place like 8th now

The new video from yesterday was interesting....i liked that the field was a lot less cluttered...also it's nice to see them clearly instead of marching through a dust cloud the just keeps building because of all the movement on the field.

I'm wondering what their scores are going to be tonight....their first show last year in Mesa Arizona was 73.2

a very nice pre-season run from Crown -- that's for sure!

I'd say around a 72-75 tonight from Crown - probably first, possibly second. The scores take the first couple shows to kinda settle down and reflect what is actually on the field. Like any of us it's hard for the judges to assess everything on the first read - and plus we're talking 5 judge panels

• Like 2

Crown going all alien and s##t cheeky-alien-pokes-tongue-out-smiley-emo

"... DCI fans began noticing that Carolina Crown's performance was starting to take a much darker turn somewhere around the first week of July when quotes from the published works of various avowed alien abductees began to be integrated into the show. ..."

Edited by ChuckH
  • Like 1

"... DCI fans began noticing that Carolina Crown's performance was starting to take a much darker turn somewhere around the first week of July when quotes from the published works of various avowed alien abductees began to be integrated into the show. ..."

Those aren't actually trampolines........they're UFOs........with convertible soft tops that they can bounce on to keep our suspicious levels down.

Edited by DrumManTx

Those aren't actually trampolines........they're UFOs........with convertible soft tops that they can bounce on to keep our suspicious levels down.

"... Audience enthusiasm for Crown's show rapidly waned when muffled screams could be heard from underneath the trampolines, along with pleas of 'Who are you? Why are you doing this me?' But, at the same time, their show gained the favor of the judges, and Crown quickly rose to first in the rankings. ..."

"... although some fans did wind up acknowledging that Crown's choice of No Place Like Home took on much more emotional significance, considering the changes. ..."

Edited by ChuckH
  • Like 1

"... Audience enthusiasm for Crown's show rapidly waned when muffled screams could be heard from underneath the trampolines, along with pleas of 'Who are you? Why are you doing this me?' But, at the same time, their show gained the favor of the judges, and Crown quickly rose to first in the rankings. ..."

They should rename their show "To Serve Man".

$1 to Damon Knight and another $1 to Rod Serling.

• Like 5