Carolina Crown 2014

In terms of the show design, Crown needs only one thing. Signposts. All they need to do is add three short snippets of pre-recorded astronaut dialogue as a signpost for each phase: launch, space and return home. These real astronaut quotations will help create the who/what/where platform. They can be made to sound distant and transmitted over NASA radio waves.

1) LAUNCH. (Played over Major Tom.)

“During the launch, it’s all a matter of height. That horizon reduces to a point, and then to nothing at all. Then the human dream of being like a god, without no confining horizon is finally ours.”

2) SPACE.

"The silence is deafening up here. The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us."

3) HOME.

“Suddenly, from behind the rim of the moon emerges a sparkling blue and white jewel. It takes more than a moment to fully realize this is Earth . . . this is home. “

This is genius. I would love to see this on the field. It adds context - and therefore it adds relevancy and audience/judge appeal.

• Like 2

For anyone who's already been to a show this season, any sightings of a pseudo-3D Shape rotation so far? Could be an awesome new tradition for Crown.

Edited by Double.D
  • Like 1

For anyone who's already been to a show this season, any sightings of a pseudo-3D Shape rotation so far? Could be an awesome new tradition for Crown.

From the earliest reading, it appears to be a sphere.

Rehearsal week coming up, after tonight no show until Friday night...

Should be some interesting additions/modification to their show I would think to help tie the different stage of being "Out of This World". . .. possibly experimenting with a new ending?

I have watched Crown's 2014 show 3 times now on the Fan Network. I do like the color of the uniform pants. I think they look nice on the field. I do feel the pants need to fit better as I should not be able to tell if a guy wearing the uniform is circumcised or not. I feel like this years show lacks emotion. The trampolines are distracting and at this point add nothing to the overall production, but it is early and perhaps they will be integrated into the show better by Finals. I love their brass section but this year they are not being featured as much as they should. Their guard uniforms are awful, but I could say that about almost every single other corps I have seen this year. I feel sorry for the guys in the guard who have to wear such tacky, tight fitting costumes. I guess is must be hard to find a uniform that works for both the male and female members of the guard. (The two best guard uniforms for guys this year happen to be Madison and Cavies.) I feel like Crown will have a very difficult time defending their title this year with BD, Cadets, SCV and Bluecoats having superior programs (IMHO) than Crown. I also realize that it is very early in the season and Crown will be making many changes before Finals. The show I have seen on the Fan Network might have very little resemblance with the show I see at Finals. I can only hope that will be the case! One more things, those ugly, horrible hats Crown wears need to GO! They need to go back to shakos!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I have watched Crown's 2014 show 3 times now on the Fan Network. I do like the color of the uniform pants. I think they look nice on the field. I do feel the pants need to fit better as I should not be able to tell if a guy wearing the uniform is circumcised or not. I feel like this years show lacks emotion. The trampolines are distracting and at this point add nothing to the overall production, but it is early and perhaps they will be integrated into the show better by Finals. I love their brass section but this year they are not being featured as much as they should. Their guard uniforms are awful, but I could say that about almost every single other corps I have seen this year. I feel sorry for the guys in the guard who have to wear such tacky, tight fitting costumes. I guess is must be hard to find a uniform that works for both the male and female members of the guard. (The two best guard uniforms for guys this year happen to be Madison and Cavies.) I feel like Crown will have a very difficult time defending their title this year with BD, Cadets, SCV and Bluecoats having superior programs (IMHO) than Crown. I also realize that it is very early in the season and Crown will be making many changes before Finals. The show I have seen on the Fan Network might have very little resemblance with the show I see at Finals. I can only hope that will be the case! One more things, those ugly, horrible hats Crown wears need to GO! They need to go back to shakos!!!!!!!

am i the only one who gets this vibe from the guard? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

PS: completely agree about the pants and the total cluster mess on the field.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 1

From the earliest reading, it appears to be a sphere.

To me, it appears to be spinning nuclear atoms:

http://www.wpclipart.com/science/atoms_molecules/nuclear.png

• Like 1