Dirtiest championship corps since 1990

Crown 13. People marching to wrong dots, dirty drumline, and dirty drill.

I'd say Crown 2013. Drums were a mess and visually probably the dirtiest in a decade to win

Not saying I agree (because I don't) but didn't the brass score make up for all of this?

• Like 1

one of the cleanest corps I've ever seen

I don't know. That door was a hot mess.

Perhaps this thread should be titled, "What corps performance would you like to be responsible for getting yourself flamed?" :shutup:

• Like 8

Perhaps this thread should be titled, "What corps performance would you like to be responsible for getting yourself flamed?" :shutup:

Or, what year that your corps lost are you still struggling to let go?

• Like 4

Regarding Star '91: One of the first things Phillip Burton wanted to address when he came to Star in '93 was the uniforms. He said the white pants with a dark top coming down to the waist not only made the members look smaller, it had the effect of making errors in form pop out even further. That's why he decided to go with monochrome cream in '93. The monochrome with high waisted pants made members look taller and had a slimming effect while the creme helped to make the lines of individuals look less harsh under the lights...and therefore has the benefit smoothing forms.

I definitely see the errors everybody else does, and I'm not saying uniforms would've made all the difference in the world, but it is interesting to note that the '93 Star show was most probably the cleanest visual product Star ever put on the field.

I always understood how lighter pants and shoes (and stripes on pants for that matter) can make phasing issues more apparent, but it never occurred to me that the style of uniform could impact the perceived cleanliness of a form from the box. I just thought it was really interesting to even consider that. I'm assuming these are lessons he brought from his theater background.

Not saying I agree (because I don't) but didn't the brass score make up for all of this?

Well if you use that logic then 87 BD should have won it all from that killer drumline that no one could even touch even to this day!

Well if you use that logic then 87 BD should have won it all from that killer drumline that no one could even touch even to this day!

No on could touch them to this day, as long as you don't count the line Bluecoats put out in 2012, Cadets in 2013, etc. etc. etc.

Interesting. Any sections or parts of the show that stick out?

I've watched it numerous times and always considered it to be one of the Cadets' cleanest wins, but I wasn't really looking or listening for dirt either.

a lot of curve forms were really bad