No excuse intended Ghost, if I came across that way, I apologize. Plus, this was just my two cents, which is worth about that much!

Following some veteran BAC members on other media, I see that, in addition to cleaning the drill sequences that most here say need cleaning, they're continuing to add new music and even more "difficult" drill. It sure seems to me that the staff has full confidence in the corps abilities and has no intention of taking their foot off the gas pedal at this point in the season.

#BACon!!!

• Like 4

It sure seems to me that the staff has full confidence in the corps abilities and has no intention of taking their foot off the gas pedal at this point in the season.

#BACon!!!

You are spot on with your thoughts. Many thought the 2001 show was too tough for the BAC after their 2000 success. With others like yourself saying that the staff is adding more difficulty, then you know they have confidence in the mm to handle it. It's going to be sweet to see them rise when they start clicking. Might be revolutionary.

I would add that what I don't see from the members is any waver in their confidence either. They too, describe their drill as "difficult", but they also add that it's "cool", "awesome" and "fun". The only hint of negativity I've seen is individual members being upset with the mental errors or ticks he/she had during a rehearsal or run through. But even then, they follow up with "...but I won't do that again.". What I see that's different with the members this season than in prior years is their level of maturity. They're patient and all-in for the long haul! They know they can get it done.

• Like 3

A few things that pop out for me in this year's BAC show:

The fast paced marching (running) while playing the opener;

The corps block movement to side 1 and the sounds from some of the horn players. The sight of the animals within the block is very cool.

G7

Also, love the uniforms. When the horns are up, they look black (from the arms that cover the red). When horns are down, theu are more red.

Regarding not practicing with the masks: the corps director during a special Tell and Show Performance in Chambersberg siad they do not practice with the masks. He said the masks are made from leather and large holes for the eyes are sufficient to be able to see.

Overall, BAC is cleaning this one each time out. They're getting better. It's a good show to see!

I can see the cleaning coming in the drill already. It's looking a lot better. My real concern at this point is the guard. Are they going to be able to clean up all those drops. If they do, this show is a colorguard fan's dream. They are challenging themselves in the guard the same way Crown is with brass.

I can see the cleaning coming in the drill already. It's looking a lot better. My real concern at this point is the guard. Are they going to be able to clean up all those drops. If they do, this show is a colorguard fan's dream. They are challenging themselves in the guard the same way Crown is with brass.

Boston had the best rife line last year and will again this year.

Boston's score tonite in Bristol, R.I. of 70.40 is their lowest score on July 3rd in any season since their 1st season making DCI Finals in 1999.... 15 years ago.

Something needs to be figured out fast, and perhaps it will,,, as I think we can all agree that this a shocking score for Boston tonite in Bristol, R. I.. This is the 2nd competition in a row that a judge ( Nola Jones ) had Spirit of Atlanta ahead in G.E. over that of Boston. Nola Jones knows Michael Lentz well, having both served together as DCI judges the last few years, but its pretty clear that for whatever reason, legitimate or otherwise, she doesn't care for this designed show by Lentz very much at all, as her caption is more of a design caption, not primarily an execution caption. Its not time to panic, as BAC does have one of its most overall talented marcher talent in years in this years 2014 Boston Corps... perhaps their most talented marcher talent ever, and Lentz and George as Show Designers come highly recommended. So they will probably figure it out. But Man, losing to Spirit in GE and scoring 70.40 and being a touchdown and a field goal behind ' Coats, Cadets, Crown must be a total head scratcher right now for Boston... no ?.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Boston's score tonite in Bristol, R.I. of 70.40 is their lowest score on July 3rd in any season since their 1st season making DCI Finals in 1999.... 15 years ago.

Something needs to be figured out fast, and perhaps it will,,, as I think we can all agree that this a shocking score for Boston tonite in Bristol, R. I.. This is the 2nd competition in a row that a judge ( Nola Jones ) had Spirit of Atlanta ahead in G.E. over that of Boston. Nola Jones knows Michael Lentz well, having both served together as DCI judges the last few years, but its pretty clear that for whatever reason, legitimate or otherwise, she doesn't care for this designed show by Lentz very much at all, as her caption is more of a design caption, not primarily an execution caption. Its not time to panic, as BAC does have one of its most overall talented marcher talent in years in this years 2014 Boston Corps... perhaps their most talented marcher talent ever, and Lentz and George as Show Designers come highly recommended. So they will probably figure it out. But Man, losing to Spirit in GE and scoring 70.40 and being a touchdown and a field goal behind ' Coats, Cadets, Crown must be a total head scratcher right now for Boston... no ?.

I think such a small venue makes it hard to judge anything more than performance. There is no way visual can be accessed and there is certainly lots of dirt on the field with Boston due to the high level of demand. Missing caption judges and just low overall scores, I would not panic. Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 1