Conquest, shipping up to Boston etc and music to be announce. They started a week earlier than last year so they are ahead of last year. I have not been there as of yet my brother has. All I can say Dark and fast in parts.

The Corps did not play "Conquest" or "Shipping Up To Boston" at the Castleton community performance. The audience watched about 90 minutes of ensemble rehearsal. During this time, caption heads communicated with the audience about what was happening and why. At the end of ensemble, they did a run-through of the first 3 tunes (music AND drill). That was followed by the corps doing a standstill performance of the 3 songs, along with the parade tune (who's name escapes me) and ending with "Giant".

emc2 is correct, in that most of the show has a dark feel to it. Obviously it's early in the year, so things were kinda, sorta dirty. The vantage point wasn't high enough to see the forms clearly. But I know there will be a lot of cool things/forms happening with the drill.

7567BC the performances, on the 14th & 15th, are parades. June 14th early evening (6 or 7pm, I think) Quincy Flag Day Parade, followed by a standstill performance at the end of the parade. June 15th mid day Bunker Hill Day Parade in Charlestown.

Castleton State College in Vermont. The best site I have ever seen for a drum corps (incredible ,beautiful stadium) No noise complaints, friendly atmosphere. Interest from locals. Have lugged an equipment tractor trailer to a few. This was the best !

So it was recently announced that Boston's 2014 program is entitled "Animal Farm".

Thoughts?

Predictions?

I think that this show could be very interesting, especially with those new uni's.

BAC Community night 6/11/14 from 7-9 at Colby College Maine. If any one is in the area come on down.

Edited by emc2

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders

Lot's going on every day on the official Facebook page, check it out:

Daily updates

Weekly videos

7PM Wednesday 6/11 Community Night at Colby College

5PM Thursday 6/12 Concert in the Park - Post Office Square Boston, Ma (concertinthepark.org)

7PM Friday 6/13 Spring Fling IBEW Hall Dorchester, MA

5PM Saturday 6/14 Flag Day Quincy, Ma

11AM Sunday Bunker Hill Day Charlestown, Ma

Also check out Inspire Arts & Music official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/inspireartsandmusic

• Like 2

Posted tonight on the Boston Crusaders Facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4LUDLpq35H8

Haha that is so awesome

Posted tonight on the Boston Crusaders Facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4LUDLpq35H8

Here's to hoping none of that vocal stuff will be on the football field. Or if it is, that those voices will not be used. Some of that was some pretty bad voice acting/narrating.

Here's to hoping none of that vocal stuff will be on the football field. Or if it is, that those voices will not be used. Some of that was some pretty bad voice acting/narrating.

May be a record number of corps with narration this year.

I'm totally okay with that as long as it's done well.

• Like 1

If so, DCI might want to think about perhaps putting in a Narration Caption in the coming years and hire a separate Narration judge. Somebody with experience in the schools as a Speech, English or Drama teacher....., or perhaps as a experienced and trained school Cheerleader Coach.

Edited by BRASSO